Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season is over for LML hunters...

Season is over for LML hunters...

It seems like the season is done early for a lot of “city” hunters. With 30 liters of fuel the maximum, and travel restrictions until Dec 1 in place, it is the end of the line for anyone not able to hunt in their immediate area. I guess it’s ducks only for me now...

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021EMBC0073-002212
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Season is over for LML hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    It seems like the season is done early for a lot of “city” hunters. With 30 liters of fuel the maximum, and travel restrictions until Dec 1 in place, it is the end of the line for anyone not able to hunt in their immediate area. I guess it’s ducks only for me now...

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021EMBC0073-002212
    30L per trip, people will be making a few stops. I think the biggest reason things are over is because all the FSRs are officially closed lol

Yup. You “could” theoretically make it happen by going to multiple gas stations, but where would you go? The few small areas that are still open/accessible are going to be full of people and it won’t be much fun. My freezer is not going to be very full this year. Oh well.

I just bought a crossbow and I'm gonna shoot a Stanley Park blacktail.

My car is diesel and only needs about 7L to get there and back, so win-win

Living in Salmon Arm has always been good and now is even better. If not going hunting is your only problem at this time you should be gratefull, I know that I am.

I feel bad for the guys from the coast that had trips planned! I met a great crew last year. I was camped near them and when they found out I was camping solo they invited me for evening dinner and drinks! I really enjoyed their hospitality and swapping hunting stories to pass the evening hours away. I know they planned to be out this week.

I think we are all grateful for what we have at times like this. One of my friends is a hunter and lives in Sumas Prairie. Their farm is under about 3’ of water. It sucks.

I, along with others I know had trips planned for the next two weeks. I made alternate plans when the highways closed, but now with fuel and travel restrictions it would be fairly rude to go. I am waiting to hear how full the tanks are on a friends boat so we can water access somewhere. If they are full enough, we can go without needing to fuel up until after the dust settles on this mess%. Fingers crossed!

It has been a less than perfect year. Regional health restrictions limited quad explorations , then the fire season keep us out of the back country, one of my hunting partners got stuck at his farm hauling water,so that hunt got cancelled, the area I was going to hunt with another hunting partner got burned out . All in all, I consider myself lucky I got out a couple of times. That is what is about, isn't it.

I had pretty much decided it was LM waterfowl for me anyway about six weeks ago.

Maybe giving the game a break from some of us for the rest of the season isn't a bad thing anyway.
    Last edited by MichelD; 11-20-2021 at 01:09 PM.

A friend's son is stuck some where near Quiesnell has moose and was headed home Sunday to the Island but is now stranded...I made it home Saturday, glad to be home. Going to give the deer on the island a break this year and just keep near to home!
    MM