Thread: Zeiss dialyt 18-45x65 spotter

Zeiss dialyt 18-45x65 spotter

Anyone have or had one?
    I currently have a Nikon ed50. I like that it’s small and it works well with the outdoorsman pistol grip. I mainly use the 27x wide angle eyepiece with it. Sometimes I wish I had a bit more reach or something, I’m not sure what it is, I’m just wanting more sometimes. I’ve been glassing a lot more this year as well. Spending more time in high country, and finding more bucks too.

this Zeiss spotter has my interest, but it’s quite expensive. Not sure if it would be that much better.
    another one that I would like to look at is the meopta tga75. But it is heavier and I would need to switch to a heavier pan head for sure.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Zeiss dialyt 18-45x65 spotter

I have the Zeiss 65mm with the 15-56 eye peice. It’s been great. I rarely glass with it though. I usually glass with 15 power Binos and only use the spotter once I locate an animal and need a closer look. I too still wish it had a little more reach but the size and weight of this spotter is a plus. It’s not too heavy and it fits easily in my daypack and my multi day pack.
    if your in the lower mainland your more then welcome to try it out.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    I have the Zeiss 65mm with the 15-56 eye peice. It’s been great. I rarely glass with it though. I usually glass with 15 power Binos and only use the spotter once I locate an animal and need a closer look. I too still wish it had a little more reach but the size and weight of this spotter is a plus. It’s not too heavy and it fits easily in my daypack and my multi day pack.
    if your in the lower mainland your more then welcome to try it out.
    im in the EK. Not sure which Zeiss you have. But this one has Japanese glass and not Europe. It’s something I think I would have to really look through before I commit to 2000$.
    sometimes I think I should just buck up and buy something like a meopta s2 80mm, and just deal with the weight. But with an eyepiece and tax I’d be closer to 3k.
    I should have never looked through “alpha” glass. Now everything seems tainted.

I don’t have any experience with the Zeiss scope but I did own a Nikon ED50 for a while. At the time I also had a 66mm Kowa Prominar, but I thought I would use the Nikon in situations where I didn’t want to carry the extra weight of the Kowa. The problem for me was leaving the extra performance of the bigger scope at home. It’s hard to do.
    So I didn’t own the Nikon ED50 for long.
    Now I actually have only a Kowa Prominar 77mm and would probably have the same problem.
    That’s the problem with optics. Once you get used to a certain performance level it’s hard to leave it at home and use less.
    I keep trying to convince myself that I need the new 55mm Kowa Prominar as well, but I’ve managed to fight the urge so far ha ha.

At least I’m not alone. Hahah.
    maybe tax return will be good to me and I’ll splurge.

I have the 18-45 Dialyt. It's a simple, durable, clear scope. Field of view isn't great. You adjust the focus on the objective which moves the scope around a bit compared to the side focus knob style scopes. Overall it's a good scope if you can get a deal on one.

I have the Diascope and love it… I know it’s a different beast but great glass