Thread: Those who moved to BC, did you have to "nullify" your home province hunting license?

Those who moved to BC, did you have to "nullify" your home province hunting license?

Hey all,

I am having trouble finding answers for this here/online and wait times to chat with somebody at the Ministry are a little long, although I'll try again later and update here.

Essentially, I recall that it is illegal to possess a hunting license in more than one province or territory. Howdid you go about nullifying or cancelling your license in the place you moved from? Is this even necessary? Does this happen automatically when transferring credentials to get an FWID? Insights and experiences welcome, but yes, I will be making certain myself with a phone call.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Those who moved to BC, did you have to "nullify" your home province hunting licen

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Turkey View Post
    Hey all,

I am having trouble finding answers for this here/online and wait times to chat with somebody at the Ministry are a little long, although I'll try again later and update here.

Essentially, I recall that it is illegal to possess a hunting license in more than one province or territory. Howdid you go about nullifying or cancelling your license in the place you moved from? Is this even necessary? Does this happen automatically when transferring credentials to get an FWID? Insights and experiences welcome, but yes, I will be making certain myself with a phone call.

Thanks!
    You can only be a resident of one province at a time.

If you hold a resident tag in one province, then move to another, get your residency, you would need a non residents tag in the original province. Hunting under your original residents tag would be illegal.

Re: Those who moved to BC, did you have to "nullify" your home province hunting licen

I just let mine expire, and left it at that.

You have to be a resident of BC for 6 months before you are considered a resident, so your old license would most likely have expired by then if you planned properly.

If you moved here , Take your old hunter number (which proves you have done a hunter education course in another province)into a front counter and have it transferred into a fwid for b.c
    and your done .
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkes3 View Post
    If you moved here , Take your old hunter number (which proves you have done a hunter education course in another province)into a front counter and have it transferred into a fwid for b.c
    and your done .
    It doesn’t work like that unless things have changed. I had to get my CORE a week before a planned hunting trip when I moved to BC.

Wonderful, thanks all for the insights!

It appears that there is nothing left for me to do other than prove and transfer my hunter's ed. and wait the 6 months.

Well, there is the mandatory class on no longer saying “oot and aboot” to complete...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.