Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who’s still using their first knife?

Re: Who’s still using their first knife?

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MICKEY View Post
    An older friend said he always wanted a knife like mine. I borrowed his tent trailer for the weekend. Gave him the new unused $8 knife and replaced it with a $12 one that is still my primary knife. German made--Premier (lifetime) brand. That was the fall of 1972.
    Those were darn good knives. I lost my first, a good belt knife around 1966 and had a folder once too, but it got sharpened to a needle point until it was unuseable.

i've always been far more stubborn than smart............

i bought an old timer 5" fixed blade many moons ago

way too cheap to buy a newer faster stronger one

i will die with this knife on my belt

old school cheap, that's me

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    I am. I got this knife for Christmas when I was 13, which makes it 32 years old next month. I have only ever used it to clean animals, it’s still my favourite knife and comes with me on every trip. I still have the same Estwing pack axe I got around the same time. And the first rifle I ever bought which is a tack driver Krico, with the nicest action of any bolt action I’ve ever had.
    hmm i have the exact same knife for past 30 years....it was sold to me by Warrenknklz grampa when he and his wife Bonnie owned a sporting goods store in Williams Lake ...kinda think i should get it to Warren..
    srupp