Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who’s still using their first knife?

Re: Who’s still using their first knife?

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Folding Buck 110 bought in 77, still in my hunting pack.
    The 110 is a classic. That’s what my oldest packs around with him.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Cool Re: Who’s still using their first knife?

When I was a young fellow, one day my Grandfather (a seriously dedicated elk and mulie hunter) presented me with a new Buck 112 folder.
    I have carried that with me for every single season ever since.
    Considering that occurred in the early 70's, it has done it's job well for a considerably long time:

I have many others now of course, but this one still rides on my belt for every single hunt.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I'v got a Russell belt knife that has been on my hip while hunting for over 50 years. A xmas present many years a go.

43 years, Scharade, Oldtimer, double blade fold out. Every year, every hunt, every harvest, mine or hunt buddies, sure would like count of the multiple harvests from Sheep to BTs, Every big game critter in BC except for Dalls, it's help break down from forest to freezer, plus my main camp knife on horseback, jet boat, backpack trips.... Sure wish it could play a video of its use over the many years.

They don't make them like they used too
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    43 years, Scharade, Oldtimer, double blade fold out. Every year, every hunt, every harvest, mine or hunt buddies, sure would like count of the multiple harvests from Sheep to BTs, Every big game critter in BC except for Dalls, it's help break down from forest to freezer, plus my main camp knife on horseback, jet boat, backpack trips.... Sure wish it could play a video of its use over the many years.

They don't make them like they used too
    We must have bought them around the same time mine is a small double blade that I use for gutting, holds a great edge. Have a Buck for the tougher work. Have never left on a hunt without it.
    "Bullshit doesn't need to be countered by anything, just called out for what it is." Edward Teach

An older friend said he always wanted a knife like mine. I borrowed his tent trailer for the weekend. Gave him the new unused $8 knife and replaced it with a $12 one that is still my primary knife. German made--Premier (lifetime) brand. That was the fall of 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    When I was a young fellow, one day my Grandfather (a seriously dedicated elk and mulie hunter) presented me with a new Buck 112 folder.
    I have carried that with me for every single season ever since.
    Considering that occurred in the early 70's, it has done it's job well for a considerably long time:

I have many others now of course, but this one still rides on my belt for every single hunt.

Cheers,
    Nog
    That blade looks a little bit shorter than it used to be. I’m betting you’ve probably sharpened 1/2” or more of length off of it.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

1956 Paid two weeks wages working grocery carryout ($9.9 PUMA PAL she still rides my belt, blade getting a bit thin from sharpening.
    MM

Thumbs up Re: Who’s still using their first knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    That blade looks a little bit shorter than it used to be. I’m betting you’ve probably sharpened 1/2” or more of length off of it.
    And a fair bit of it's depth as well.
    But she keeps on ticking, and I doubt I will ever "retire" it.

Cheers,
    Nig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Not my first knife but my wife bought me a Buck 119 in the mid '80's for my birthday. It is with me on every hunt.
    Semper in excretum altum