Thread: Butcher Shop Setup

Butcher Shop Setup

I am looking to put a butcher shop in my garage. If you were to setup your garage to be the best butcher shop what would be the must have's on your list? specific brands of equipment? Specific equipment? Would you build a cooler for hanging game or just put a fridge in there to store meat prior to packaging? I am thinking of putting a track in the ceiling with hooks/pulley system to go to the back of my truck in the driveway so I can pull deer out whole. I am looking at getting: sausage stuffer, meat slicer, meat mixer, jerky slicer/tenderizer, stainless steel table (wheels?), installing a sink with running water and also a hose bib. Going to epoxy the floor and install a drain possibly for clean up. Improved lighting. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Butcher Shop Setup

hm
    m meat mixer...plus a great grinder ie Cabelas 1 1/2 hp with seperate blades matched to plates...
    plus large thick cutting board
    plus a GREAT sausage stuffer..F.DICK from GERMANY is THE primo sausage stuffer out there..

choose wisely..study the choices..buy once..cry once..
    before you buy..PM me i may just have all those and more for sale that work flawlessly and will make your set up work for you..

cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hm
    m meat mixer...plus a great grinder ie Cabelas 1 1/2 hp with seperate blades matched to plates...
    plus large thick cutting board
    plus a GREAT sausage stuffer..F.DICK from GERMANY is THE primo sausage stuffer out there..

choose wisely..study the choices..buy once..cry once..
    before you buy..PM me i may just have all those and more for sale that work flawlessly and will make your set up work for you..

cheers
    Srupp
    As always Steve, you're a true gent!! I will PM you for sure and truly respect your opinion

Stainless table on wheels but with a cutting board surface on top of it. Victorinox Knives and quality sharpening steel. Wax meat wrapping paper.
    You don't need a stainless table if you have a teflon top on it. My plywood table has 2 - 6 mil plastic layers on it. 1 animal and change the 6 mil layers.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

You selling everything Steve?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

think so..not entirely sure...
    cheers
    steven

is this for yourself or are you wanting to start up a business ?