Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

I've used a quad to get into an area and spent all day hiking and killed a buck 2km from the truck on my way back,would I not be considered a "real hunter"? Get ****ed, im so sick of whiners like you,everytime I look at the internet I see a post like this,what you didn't get anything this season because of people on quads or because they're in "your area" maybe you're the one that's not a "real hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Does the quad hunter know that it's a shorter dead end road and not a several Kms road? And what is a "real hunter" doing hunting on a road?
    Totally.

I'm a real hunter if I get out of a truck and walk a fsr into a cut block. Is that also 'backcountry' hunting?

Lol not a real hunter. I have been on many different hunts in life from fly in to horseback to road hunting. Some fond memories of all. Can’t believe we bitch about how someone else hunts. Have seen a lot of bucks from the truck��

Quote Originally Posted by Lillypuff View Post
    Lol not a real hunter. I have been on many different hunts in life from fly in to horseback to road hunting. Some fond memories of all. Can’t believe we bitch about how someone else hunts. Have seen a lot of bucks from the truck��
    It's because certain people feel your not a man or a real hunter if you haven't walked 1000 miles carrying a 40lbs pack and cover yourself in doe urine. And yet we are confused why ALL hunters are loosing our rights. Perhaps as mentioned before we are divided on every topic where the anti only have to come together on one topic.

The thread is a troll to get us to bicker back and forth.
    OP says was a guide and shot an elk this year but won’t post pictures.
    Only want to partake in this site to bitch about other hunters.
    don’t get sucked in.

the writing style is very reminiscent of Jassmine, and there was another one a couple of months back that last posted around the same time the OP joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    So....if you see a guy hunting in a zone walking and glassing as if he were on a stalk....would you

A-drive up to him and ask him stupid questions and then discover he has an LEH tag and he thinks he found game and after a brief explanation, you decided to drive past him into a dead end cutblock road the said guy is working and obviously you spooked the game as,well, you're a road hunter in a gated and locked out zone that very few people have access to with the exception of a few people including the "local nation"...or do you..

B....stop,watch and perhaps leave the area as quietly as possible

I know my answer but I have to say,I found myself very disappointed this season with hunters and for those on quads with pipes,wtf are you thinking,I can hear you several kms away,even a quiet machine but wtf are you doing with a piped machine road hunting....gawd...road hunters,damn....and you think you're going to kill a deer like that?.....rant over...but my question is the same.....what would you do and what is proper eticate?
    Stop walking roads and no road hunter will interupt you.. Or walk roads and live with the normal inevitable road hunter or wood cutter or dirt bike/atv rider. It is that simple.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Road hunting has its advantages, warm, good tunes and see a lot of country plus you may not see another vehicle? But on the other hand you won’t find the sign or animals sometimes that you would walking on game trails, but each their own. It really makes you no better of a hunter either way, both styles get game.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    The thread is a troll to get us to bicker back and forth.
    OP says was a guide and shot an elk this year but won’t post pictures.
    Only want to partake in this site to bitch about other hunters.
    don’t get sucked in.

the writing style is very reminiscent of Jassmine, and there was another one a couple of months back that last posted around the same time the OP joined.
    Listen...hardly any of you guys even understood the question I made,the entire point I was making is completely lost on most of you....ya' ,I'm a troll...**** sakes you guys are daft.....I'm asking about the etiquette of road hunters when they come up on a guy on foot....they have a discussion about what's going on and they **** the guys opportunity....is that OK with you road hunters....is that how you operate....I give a shit how you hunt, except when it interferes with my hunt in an obnoxious way....so,you want to talk about division, that's pretty divisive, as are most of the dumbest comment's by most of the guys commenting....so,as I have already stated,it's no wonder the public perception is so dark when it comes to hunters,just read the comments and that's where your public relations campaign needs to begin....with etiquette that apparently has been left in the dust.....makes no difference to me,but you guys preach about being good stuards, when most are just assholes....I killed my elk and will continue to have success regardless.
    Last edited by Ocender; 11-14-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    Listen...hardly any of you guys even understood the question I made,the entire point I was making is completely lost on most of you....ya' ,I'm a troll...**** sakes you guys are daft.....I'm asking about the etiquette of road hunters when they come up on a gut on foot....they have a discussion about what's going on and they **** the guys opportunity....is that OK with yiu road hunters....is that how you operate....I give a shit how you hunt, except when it interferes with my hunt in an obnoxious way....so,you want to talk about division, that's pretty divisive, as are most of the dumbest comment's by most of the guys commenting....so,as I have already stated,it's no wonder the public perception is so dark when it comes to hunters,just read the comments and that's where your public relations campaign needs to begin....with etiquette that apparently has been left in the dust.....makes no difference to me,but you guys preach about being good stuards, when most are just assholes....I killed my elk and will continue to have success regardless.
    Fact is you blurred the points with your original post, so we can place the blame for any misunderstandings where it belongs...on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    My answer is "Let me take a 1" steel bar to your knees, then lets see how much "real" hunting you do."
    That's brilliant ****tard