Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Pretty ignorant post. "Real Hunter"? Obviously you used the road to get to that spot you may think belongs to you. Many hunters road hunt and there is nothing wrong with that and guess what..yes they get their deer every year. Maybe you should go to Europe and pay to hunt in exclusive territory?

Our. Biggest issue and the reason we will fail in our fight against the anti hunting lobby is we can’t just accept each other. Hunter VS Hunter is a scourge of our own making.
    It’s time to be as one regardless of our differences.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Your comment is ignorant too. Lower mainland hunters are just as adept and worthy of hunting the interior as you locals. I lived in Kootenays for many years and met more dickhead locals out hunting than the lower mainland guys who always stopped and chatted and were friendly fellow hunters!

Vehicles on roads or people on roads don't bother me at all. I use them as game putter uppers lol. They usually get the games attention and sometimes the game is oblivious to my ninja stealth sneakiness. All in fun , there are no roads where I hunt.

All hunters who ethically hunt and educate themselves and follow the hunting regs properly are real hunters, regardless of method..

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Your comment is ignorant too. Lower mainland hunters are just as adept and worthy of hunting the interior as you locals. I lived in Kootenays for many years and met more dickhead locals out hunting than the lower mainland guys who always stopped and chatted and were friendly fellow hunters!
    Yes, this whole "Beyond Hope" arrogance gets a little tiresome some times as if it is required that you live several hundred kilometres away from the 604 zone to have any bush sense, know how to drive a gravel road, have any ethics or even know how to put a stovepipe in a wall tent.

If its a road in an area that doesn't have a motor vehicle restriction they have every right to be there as much as you do. As long as they arent doing anything to intentionally disrupt your hunt or travel.

If you don't like that go hunt somewhere with closed roads or no roads.

It's pretty easy to make assumptions about the other guy when all you are left with is a 15 minute snapshot out of 9? hours of daylight...

in my 15 minute interaction, I saw him driving so he must only be an ignorant road hunter...

I'm sure you were a road hunter up to the point you parked your truck. Perhaps you were a road hunter after you got back to your truck and were traveling to the next hike.
    Perhaps you were a road hunter as you were scouting out new areas to hike.

There are as many different reasons to be hunting in a vehicle as there are hunters in BC.

I think the only time you would have a valid "claim" to a road is when there is a barrier preventing "normal" travel IE: a culvert/bridge was dug out making passage by quad/vehicle difficult, where there wasn't an established bypass to the deactivation, and you were parked at the deactivation indicating you were hunting the area.
    If someone were to bang their quad past your truck and through the deactivation at that point, rant on!

It pleases my heart to see people banding together to respect each others right to hunt in a legal manner my first thought when I read the post was troll

I hunt all styles so who cares
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...