Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Why is it always the other guy that is wrong? Maybe he was as pissed at you for being in [HIS?] area. I was under the impression on this site that if it is legal you are good to go. Anybody that obeys the rules and has a licence is a real hunter.

To the OP, I don’t really see it as an ethical issue, but a case could be made for what the proper etiquette should be and a have a discussion around that.

If you are on a road that a horse/bicycle/atv/pickup can be on, don’t be surprised if someone moving faster than you catches up and wants to pass.

From an etiquette standpoint, some folks are going to turn around and leave you be, and some aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie O View Post
    Why is it always the other guy that is wrong? Maybe he was as pissed at you for being in [HIS?] area. I was under the impression on this site that if it is legal you are good to go. Anybody that obeys the rules and has a licence is a real hunter.
    I don't care he's there but if I'm on a,stalk,I tell him that and he's looking for a deer and I have an leh bull tag and they ignore that and drive on,I mean,ya ' whatever but I think it's pretty f'ed up...imo...just saying, it's pretty shitty thing to do,from my perspective but it appears that the majority thinks differently, which doesn't surprise me but....

OK, so I have a blind set up at the end of the pipeline were it crosses a river. I get a late start to the day because of mechanical issues and on my way to the blind 2 guys are hiding behind some bush a mile or so from the blind I plan to sit in for the entire day.

Do I proceed to the blind and park my azz there as planned or do I concede my plans and go elsewhere?

True story, not going to say what I did...tell me what you would do?

It depends, are you a real hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    OK, so I have a blind set up at the end of the pipeline were it crosses a river. I get a late start to the day because of mechanical issues and on my way to the blind 2 guys are hiding behind some bush a mile or so from the blind I plan to sit in for the entire day.

Do I proceed to the blind and park my azz there as planned or do I concede my plans and go elsewhere?

True story, not going to say what I did...tell me what you would do?
    I would talk to the guys if I saw them and ask if they were cool if I carrier on. If not, I would bounce and come back another day; as I would not want to ruin their hunt and there are lots of areas to go to. Just what I would do...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    Well,it appears as though the point was missed or rather ignored by most and furthermore, it is used as an opportunity to simply defend your own style of hunting.I can understand my mistake in the original post and I should apologize as I didn't mean to ,but did offend many people ,that's not my intention....either way,I do see that the question of ethics is ignored.I know,that if a guy told me that he was on a stalk, leh or not ,I'd offer assistance before shitting on his parade...as I stated originally, we had a discussion, a friendly one regarding my situation and intention, that was ignored and they continued up the alder bash skidder trail for like 500 meters..so ok....I guess that's how it is.In an enormous zone with multiple options,I should and did turn a blind eye to somebody's ignorance and selfishness while blowing an opportunity for another hunter,they could go cruiseanother actualroad,but my bad for being there....so while some of you preach about standing together, then claim it's a free for all, then the ethics of our sport is most definitely in question because in my opinion, that's a dirty,shitty deal to do to somebody, of which, I would never do...anyway...no biggie, I shot my leh elk two days later,it's just simply a way to gauge the masses,I think I did, so I'l plan more strategically in the future...game on.

I usually do hunt a long ways from the crowds,but my draw kind of limited me so I am not all that familiar with "crowd sharing " zones with guys bashing around on skidded trails but I am now considered educated.

The problem is you put road hunters below Still hunters. Your post worded that as a slag to road hunters.
    Had you have just told the story and not pit the two against each other than the reception im sure would have been far more to your liking....

Tight road, you stalking known game or not..... dude drives by you with no reason..... then back,, thats a dick move.

Many times I have been hunting on foot near a logging road and other hunters came along in a truck or atv. We chatted briefly had a chuckle, wished each other luck and carried on. Never have I felt pissed or angry. It's a big place BC. I know many guys got a deer shortly after another hunter drove by in a vehicle or atv.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    It depends, are you a real hunter?
    LOL, depends on my mood!

The definition Crown Land is land of the people ! If u expect to go onto crown land and be alone then u are going to be disappointed. Try going further back in . Or hunt during the week. but to think you have your own private spot is just silly..its crown land.. owned by the people