Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

So as a “real hunter” you wouldn’t shoot a monster buck or moose if you seen one on the way in or out from your spot. Hahahaha, ya right!!
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    So as a “real hunter” you wouldn’t shoot a monster buck or moose if you seen one on the way in or out from your spot. Hahahaha, ya right!!
    Irrelevant...what's your point?
    To answer your question, no I wouldn't, because at that point my rifle is secured, locked,stored separately from my ammo because if I'm driving, I ain't huntin' Champ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    Well,it appears as though the point was missed or rather ignored by most and furthermore, it is used as an opportunity to simply defend your own style of hunting.I can understand my mistake in the original post and I should apologize as I didn't mean to ,but did offend many people ,that's not my intention....either way,I do see that the question of ethics is ignored.I know,that if a guy told me that he was on a stalk, leh or not ,I'd offer assistance before shitting on his parade...as I stated originally, we had a discussion, a friendly one regarding my situation and intention, that was ignored and they continued up the alder bash skidder trail for like 500 meters..so ok....I guess that's how it is.In an enormous zone with multiple options,I should and did turn a blind eye to somebody's ignorance and selfishness while blowing an opportunity for another hunter,they could go cruiseanother actualroad,but my bad for being there....so while some of you preach about standing together, then claim it's a free for all, then the ethics of our sport is most definitely in question because in my opinion, that's a dirty,shitty deal to do to somebody, of which, I would never do...anyway...no biggie, I shot my leh elk two days later,it's just simply a way to gauge the masses,I think I did, so I'l plan more strategically in the future...game on.

I usually do hunt a long ways from the crowds,but my draw kind of limited me so I am not all that familiar with "crowd sharing " zones with guys bashing around on skidded trails but I am now considered educated.

Right, tight, brush covered trail. Was there a spot where you were standing the guy could have legitimately turned around?
    You expecting him to back up?
    I know I wind up traveling considerable distances looking for an appropriate spot to turn around at times. Would this have been a similar situation for this driver?

What a shit show HBC has turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoaster View Post
    Right, tight, brush covered trail. Was there a spot where you were standing the guy could have legitimately turned around?
    You expecting him to back up?
    I know I wind up traveling considerable distances looking for an appropriate spot to turn around at times. Would this have been a similar situation for this driver?
    I expect very little to be honest,and less by the hour but the question is what,ethically, is sound judgment....or proper edicate...I know I've driven nearly as far backwards as i have forwards but that's another story all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Modeltwelve View Post
    What a shit show HBC has turned into.
    How so,in what way?

Irrelevant...what's your point?
    To answer your question, no I wouldn't, because at that point my rifle is secured, locked,stored separately from my ammo because if I'm driving, I ain't huntin' Champ..
    If you are in hunting country being prepared is something to think about. Not sure why you feel you have to have ammo and firearms locked and stored separately while in a vehicle but you certainly can if you wish, regulations just stipulate that the firearm can not be loaded, no need for locking or separately.

Be well.../B
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    If you are in hunting country being prepared is something to think about. Not sure why you feel you have to have ammo and firearms locked and stored separately while in a vehicle but you certainly can if you wish, regulations just stipulate that the firearm can not be loaded, no need for locking or separately.

Be well.../B
    Thank you, I understand that and I'll take it into consideration.

I expect very little to be honest,and less by the hour but the question is what,ethically, is sound judgment....or proper edicate...I know I've driven nearly as far backwards as i have forwards but that's another story all together.
    There is no one/proper answer to your question of what is proper etiquette to driving past someone on foot. I drove past a couple guys (together) on foot this year... I also turned around on a fellow walking down a road long before I got to him.
    Situations and circumstances vary wildly.

The only thing you can control is yourself and your behavior in similar circumstances.
    It is kind of like the "pay it forward" principal. Yes, you will have those that will take advantage, and those that will turn around and do in kind.

I’ll tell ya what, if you go up to Clearwater the trophy bucks are as thick on the road as the snowshoe hares on an up year. You hardly even need to get out of your truck except to pull the trigger!