Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88

Thread: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    48

    Arrow Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    So....if you see a guy hunting in a zone walking and glassing as if he were on a stalk....would you

    A-drive up to him and ask him stupid questions and then discover he has an LEH tag and he thinks he found game and after a brief explanation, you decided to drive past him into a dead end cutblock road the said guy is working and obviously you spooked the game as,well, you're a road hunter in a gated and locked out zone that very few people have access to with the exception of a few people including the "local nation"...or do you..

    B....stop,watch and perhaps leave the area as quietly as possible

    I know my answer but I have to say,I found myself very disappointed this season with hunters and for those on quads with pipes,wtf are you thinking,I can hear you several kms away,even a quiet machine but wtf are you doing with a piped machine road hunting....gawd...road hunters,damn....and you think you're going to kill a deer like that?.....rant over...but my question is the same.....what would you do and what is proper eticate?

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    skeena river valley
    Posts
    1,525

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    That road hunter might have a physical disability that prevents him/her from being a "REAL" hunter.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    My answer is "Let me take a 1" steel bar to your knees, then lets see how much "real" hunting you do."

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North of Hope
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Public land, it's what you have to suffer through. MOST fellows in that situation will quietly leave the scene, unless of course they don't know the road doesn't go much farther. You never mentioned how far the road went but we assume it was less than 500 yards?

    Pipes....can't figure that one out, they just like noise?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Does the quad hunter know that it's a shorter dead end road and not a several Kms road? And what is a "real hunter" doing hunting on a road?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Langley
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Even unmodified ATVs are loud. With an engine module and a less restrictive exhaust you can double the HP of many ATVs.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,607

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocender View Post
    So....if you see a guy hunting in a zone walking and glassing as if he were on a stalk....would you

    A-drive up to him and ask him stupid questions and then discover he has an LEH tag and he thinks he found game and after a brief explanation, you decided to drive past him into a dead end cutblock road the said guy is working and obviously you spooked the game as,well, you're a road hunter in a gated and locked out zone that very few people have access to with the exception of a few people including the "local nation"...or do you..

    B....stop,watch and perhaps leave the area as quietly as possible

    I know my answer but I have to say,I found myself very disappointed this season with hunters and for those on quads with pipes,wtf are you thinking,I can hear you several kms away,even a quiet machine but wtf are you doing with a piped machine road hunting....gawd...road hunters,damn....and you think you're going to kill a deer like that?.....rant over...but my question is the same.....what would you do and what is proper eticate?

    How about get off your high horse and understand that public land is for everyone. Maybe they didn’t know the road ended. Maybe they have a disability that prevents them from walking. Maybe they don’t read minds either. If you want to avoid this problem, get back in the mountains where there aren’t roads, but remember that other hunters might be there too. Question; How long have you been hunting?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

    UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!


    BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    48

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    That road hunter might have a physical disability that prevents him/her from being a "REAL" hunter.
    ...I totally get that,age,disability...I understand fully so I will apologize for that,statement, but I think that that particular hunter woukd act very differently that the other type....imo

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    48

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    How about get off your high horse and understand that public land is for everyone. Maybe they didn’t know the road ended. Maybe they have a disability that prevents them from walking. Maybe they don’t read minds either. If you want to avoid this problem, get back in the mountains where there aren’t roads, but remember that other hunters might be there too. Question; How long have you been hunting?
    Well..ok...however as I stated initially, they saw me,drove up to me,we spoke about my intention and they drove past me....and it's actually not public land,privately owned island land with limited access to key holders....

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    2,161

    Re: Ethic Question about road hunters VS real hunters

    If there I am walking into a dead end road that ends shortly (like a km or less) it would be nice if motorized hunters would back off if terrain allows for them to turn around. If it's a longer stretch of road it's not reasonable to ask people to stay out. Ultimately it's public land though.

    Road hunting is road hunting. If you are walking down a road you are a road hunter. So really you are asking if road hunters on foot should be given more consideration than motorized road hunters.
    "The 375 H&H was made obsolete the day the 375 Ruger was introduced"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •