Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower Mainland man fined $7,500 for killing bear near Pemberton

Re: Lower Mainland man fined $7,500 for killing bear near Pemberton

I used to live in the Kootenays and was surprised at the attitude the local hunters had. Best guys I ever met out hunting were guys from lower mainland. News alert...you yocals are no better than any other hunter in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Notice they don't post his name. When they don't post the name it means he isn't a white guy. If he was white his name would be mentioned 50 times in the story and he would lose his job. My bet he is from Richmond !!!
    I called the RAPP line one day after coming back in the south side of Pemberton Valley and watching a guy in leather loafers and more or less a business suit walking the road with a rifle with the price tag still hanging off the trigger guard. He was being followed about 50 yards back by a guy in a Lexus SUV. Not going to mention the cultural background of the individuals, but they have a hankering for gall bladders. I was highly sceptical about their legality.

I enjoy hunting with anyone from any place in the world as long as their ethics are up to snuff, the fact they left out his name is a shame. It would be great for people to know what their fellow hunters are up to.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I’m sure his name could be found by searching court records. This seems like a boring task so I’m not volunteering.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Name is not out yet:

"Information about the case was posted by the B.C. Conservation Officer Service (BCCOS) on its Facebook page on November 10. A written decision for the case has not yet been posted on the Provincial Court of British Columbia website, and the name of the offender was not provided by the BCCOS."