Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 point Mullie down, the hard way.

4 point Mullie down, the hard way.

Buddy and I went out for afternoon hunt into a good local area.right away I start seeing deer. Whitetails and there are bucks with the does,it's lookin good we said to each other. Another herd of whitey does spotted so stopped to look if buck was of any size(just looking as was private lands). So local landowner stops to chat as passing by. Great guy and our talk was terrific with him telling of this big Mullie buck he seen cross couple days before just stones throw from us. Cool. The herd left while we were yapping lol We continued on wards to check couple our spots seeing lil dink bucks with the does but no big guys.....hmmmmm weird. As we heading back to go to a different area we were passing same area as where the whitie herd was sure enough they were out again,but no buck this time. Moving on to next field I spot deer,mullies. One two....ninedoes and a buck. The four point told about. He has the nose to the grindstone doing his thing and the girls are all giddy lol. Then ALL hell breaks loose!!
    RESIDENT HUNTER-"SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 4 point Mullie down, the hard way.

Getting the popcorn.....

Suddenly the herd breaks Fast, hell bent for breakfast! We see several fast animals streaking across the field from different sides and the a commotion around the buck. There's a bit of a dip where he is at so we see only some of the action. He got his horns down fighting something hard. It's wolves,Grey wolves, 10-12 of them total. Less than one minute and he was on the ground. He fought gallantly regaining his feet several times but the pack was not to be denied. Soon the alpha male and female were heading for the treeline with red faces as the rest of the pack jumped into the fray. After a bit of that the bucks head quit coming up and finally he died.

Thankfully his suffering ended. It was hard to sit and do nothing but watch, a gun at my side. It was private lands, posted for decades, a clear legal line. Buddy wanted to go in and get those wolves!! Me two, me three and me four all the way to ten, but buddy had never seen this before- I have up close. Seasoned outdoorsmen know of what I spared him. He had never heard the cries that stay with you always of your days, besides it was already to late for the buck at only two minutes from start. Mother nature's ways. Often awe inspiring, most always beautiful and yes sometimes fiercely brutal and without mercy.

How many of the wolves did you kill? Or could you?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I must say those grey wolves caught more than that buck by surprise today. The buck stood zero chance. It was clearly obvious they had much experience and perfected strategies and Attacks. We talked later of the impacts to our local area they have been having. Many questions and doubts were answered today. Ten- twelve grown Grey wolves.... That's a lots of food to need kept fed. Lots of big brood stock bucks n bulls being taken down by these greys that's for sure. Next time maybe it will be on public lands and we can fill the air with smoke!!!!

Not a single one. It was private posted land. All no hunting no trespass land. When leaving we met the actual land owner and informed him of the kill. He drove right out to the buck and was there still when we left.(we checked)

Both the buck and the wolves were also out of range for me and my pea shooter from where we were anyways. Would sure have been nice to thin out that pack by half at least.

Holy crap, musta been something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    Holy crap, musta been something to see.
    Yes's really caught us off guard bigtime. Honest, it was hard to watch. The first attacker came in silently sneaking in down wind as the buck was busy lipcurling as he followed the females. It was (we assumed) the alpha male which attacked low and from the back- not talking legs here- then things happened fast. There was a second group of mature wolves close behind that moved in very fast, like split seconds, taking the buck to the ground. The wolves immediately began to feed. There was no waiting. It was brutal and without mercy till the end.
    In reflection, the attack was very well planned. All escape routes were covered. We seen this as wolves came streaking in from all directions in front of the buck as well as from behind. Also of note , it was after the buck died that the alpha's returned, bringing with them the younger wolves to the kill.