Thread: GPS fence and training collar combo

GPS fence and training collar combo

Hi.
    We recently moved from our house in town with a large fenced backyard to a home in the country.
    We have a fairly intelligent but stubborn two year old mini Aussie cross. I would like to purchase a combination remote training collar and GPS wireless fence system. I’m looking for recommendations and real world experience.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GPS fence and training collar combo

If you are looking for an e-fence system which has the features of a remote collar designed for field training, you are likely looking at buying two different systems.

Even the quality collar manufacturers like Dogtra don’t offer a combination system like that …. Want a fence system buy their EF3500, want a remote collar system …. buy one of their training collars. No combo systems offered.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Actually there are a couple systems.
    The Border Patrol unit and also the Halo system both advertised in the states.
    I just wanted to see if there was any real world experience available from users on here before I fork out the better part of a grand.
    Thanks.

Was not aware of either of these systems ….. in reading their
    product information, between the two, the Border Patrol system is manufactured by DT System and does have the features of a true remote training collar with different levels of stimulation, jump and run feature, longer range, etc. The halo has Cesar Millan as their key feature. Not a fan of this type of fencing …. If the dog breaks the fence stimulation, they may not cross back it, the fence won’t keep predators out, while your dog is contained within.

If you are looking a collar that would work for sport or field training in combination with the fencing, the Border Patrol appears to be the better collar. The halo looks like another e-fence system with no remote training features other than Cesar!
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Thanks Dakota.
    That’s the impression I also got from reading the manufacturer info.