Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So I shot a feral pig……

Re: So I shot a feral pig……

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ewan-1.6209851

If they can survive in Saskatchewan, they’ll survive here.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

HMMMM if its FREE....

ITS FERAL..

good shooting..

Bon appetite
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I saw at least a dozen pigs wandering along the Nazko Hwy this summer. They’d fit the definition of feral but given all the farms there, I figured I’d be explaining that to some pissed off farmer and his 3 giant sons. I probably would have ended up as pig food supplement.

The ones on the Nazko Hwy are sick and skinny. The SPCA says not to eat them and they are supposed to do something with them.

According to the map halfway down there’s supposedly some around Dawson creek.??

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...pigs-1.5283140
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it tastes. I wasted a lot of time looking for them near Harrison when I heard the rumour they were there. The time I put in would have been better used to hike the ridges for blacktails.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing how it tastes. I wasted a lot of time looking for them near Harrison when I heard the rumour they were there. The time I put in would have been better used to hike the ridges for blacktails.
    Back in the 70’s there was story’s some pigs gone wild, farm escapees down there.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post

why do you think that? We have a ton more predators than Sask...

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    According to the map halfway down there’s supposedly some around Dawson creek.??

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...pigs-1.5283140
    The map is BS...its all hearsay. This is the first pig kill Ive ever seen posted and its certainly not from a feral sustaining herd
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

^^^^^ someone else posted a story with pics of a pig their kid killed this yr, I think is also in the youth hunting contest thread as well.

Thumbs down Re: So I shot a feral pig……

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post

Best be taking that article with a rather LARGE Grain of Salt.
    The fellow providing all of this "information" is a researcher, who NEEDS support for continued funding.
    His "reports" have been widely disclaimed.

We have family, friends and those they associate with living, farming, hunting and more in his so-called Hot Spot areas.
    The vast majority have never seen any sign, and the only "feral" they collectively know of was when an uncle shot a neighbor's rampaging boar.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Stay away from them pigs. They are diseased up the ying yang. I would not touch them. i have seen them in the process of passing away due to starvation while others have been partially consumed by the remaining pigs. if you are going to shoot any make sure that you can burn them at the same time. Just a FYI he does not have three large sons. the oldest is about 13 and not the tall. i would be more worried about the safety of the younger kids as they just wander around getting the pigs even on the highway. He does live with his wife and girlfriend. Time to bring out the Banjo. BCSPCA will not do much as they don't seem to feel that it is not a huge issue and would rather go for the dairy farmer as it is more highlight and impact on the dairy industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I saw at least a dozen pigs wandering along the Nazko Hwy this summer. They’d fit the definition of feral but given all the farms there, I figured I’d be explaining that to some pissed off farmer and his 3 giant sons. I probably would have ended up as pig food supplement.