Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I shot a feral pig……

Re: So I shot a feral pig……

There were European pigs that escaped a couple times back in 2010 at Christina Lake. Some were taken out, but it would be interesting if any have survived.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp mule View Post
    Stay away from them pigs. They are diseased up the ying yang. I would not touch them. i have seen them in the process of passing away due to starvation while others have been partially consumed by the remaining pigs. if you are going to shoot any make sure that you can burn them at the same time. Just a FYI he does not have three large sons. the oldest is about 13 and not the tall. i would be more worried about the safety of the younger kids as they just wander around getting the pigs even on the highway. He does live with his wife and girlfriend. Time to bring out the Banjo. BCSPCA will not do much as they don't seem to feel that it is not a huge issue and would rather go for the dairy farmer as it is more highlight and impact on the dairy industry.
    Banjo, eh? I like banjo music. I can’t play very well, but my neck is red.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp mule View Post
    Stay away from them pigs. They are diseased up the ying yang. I would not touch them. i have seen them in the process of passing away due to starvation while others have been partially consumed by the remaining pigs. if you are going to shoot any make sure that you can burn them at the same time. Just a FYI he does not have three large sons. the oldest is about 13 and not the tall. i would be more worried about the safety of the younger kids as they just wander around getting the pigs even on the highway. He does live with his wife and girlfriend. Time to bring out the Banjo. BCSPCA will not do much as they don't seem to feel that it is not a huge issue and would rather go for the dairy farmer as it is more highlight and impact on the dairy industry.
    That’s funny. I didn’t know who’s pigs they were but figured they belonged to someone. They definitely were not under control and should be dealt with. Glad the banjos I imagined would start playing if I had shot one weren’t just in my head.

Congratulations!

Like, thumb up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Looks more like a dead pig to me, but I am no expert.

Good job,enjoy the treats.

That's definitely a barnyard pig, possibly a pet and certainly not feral. Feral pigs appear almost like razorbacks. However, it's also not where it needs to be. Consider it a "harvest by misadventure".

Lol, are you sure that wasn't somebody's lost pet pot bellied pig?

It should make for a number of awesome meals.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 11-12-2021 at 05:25 PM.
    When in doubt, just pin it.