Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer Hunt 2021

Deer Hunt 2021

A couple buddies and I are staying up in Cache Creek on the November 12th weekend for a Deer Hunt. None of us have ever hunted out that way. I have been e scouting the Loon Lake Area and it looks promising. I just thought Id ask for some help on here to see if anyone would point us further in the right direction. We are all boots to the ground hunters so just looking for a general area with good populations to go and start hiking not looking for a specific honey hole. I have lots of experience in region 8 so would be willing to trade some knowledge as well. We have both white tail and mule deer tags.

Thanks in advance.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Deer Hunt 2021

I doubt you will see many whitetails other than maybe almost down town cache creek...watch for fire closures...muke deer hunting should be good if you hike and deer will be in full rut...its a big area i would hike like hell as pressure is heavy in all of region 3 this year you cant even go poop without someone watching you.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    I doubt you will see many whitetails other than maybe almost down town cache creek...watch for fire closures...muke deer hunting should be good if you hike and deer will be in full rut...its a big area i would hike like hell as pressure is heavy in all of region 3 this year you cant even go poop without someone watching you.
    especially during that time, when reg 5 and 8 are both closed and everyone flocks to popular spots of reg 3 like cache creek.

Glad I’m not going to cache creek for my mule deer hunt!

I can't get enough of the e scouters. Good luck on your hunt.
    Last edited by cameron0518; 11-04-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    the e scouters.
    that right there is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I can't get enough of the e scouters. Good luck on your hunt.
    Yup those are the guys who try to watch you poop.

Hey Shelby.
    Post the pic of that big MDeer you got last weekend up there.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyymiller View Post
    A couple buddies and I are staying up in Cache Creek on the November 12th weekend for a Deer Hunt. None of us have ever hunted out that way. I have been e scouting the Loon Lake Area and it looks promising. I just thought Id ask for some help on here to see if anyone would point us further in the right direction. We are all boots to the ground hunters so just looking for a general area with good populations to go and start hiking not looking for a specific honey hole. I have lots of experience in region 8 so would be willing to trade some knowledge as well. We have both white tail and mule deer tags.

Thanks in advance.
    Whole area was burned during the elephant hill fire. I think most of the roads off the main roads were deactivated and or destroyed due to flooding in the spring after the fire. Not sure what game populations are like.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Tons and tons and tons of hunters around cache busier than ive ever seen it the last couple years up there. to the point where i'm looking for new areas the deer are skidish as **** now
    BC Wild sheep society
    BC BCHA
    BC wildlife federation
    RMGA