Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    85

    Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    I read that it's important to pack toilet paper when heading into the bush. Is that true? I've used moss in the past and / or twigs.

    Do you use a fresh roll, 2 ply, pack it in a plastic shopping bag?

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Surrounded by Socialists
    Posts
    2,186

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    How well did you walk after using twigs to wipe your ass?

    I don't leave the truck without having at least some TP in my pack, but pretty much always make sure to take care of business before leaving for the hunt.

    TP can also be helpful to place on specs of blood if you're following a blood trail.

    Or if you have to blow your nose etc. Plenty of good reasons to take some. Definitely 2 ply - 1 ply is for suckers. And ya, put in a ziploc bag or something like that to keep it dry.
    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

    "A true patriot will defend his country from its Government." - Thomas Jefferson

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    229

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Pinecones.

    Make sure to keep direction and application in mind in mind. Has a smoother side and one that provides enhanced exfoliation.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    85

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest the Land View Post
    How well did you walk after using twigs to wipe your ass?

    I don't leave the truck without having at least some TP in my pack, but pretty much always make sure to take care of business before leaving for the hunt.

    TP can also be helpful to place on specs of blood if you're following a blood trail.

    Or if you have to blow your nose etc. Plenty of good reasons to take some. Definitely 2 ply - 1 ply is for suckers. And ya, put in a ziploc bag or something like that to keep it dry.
    Funny replies lol

    I'll switch to the ziploc bag idea. Better waterproofing system I bet.

    The twigs are more like fir branches with leaves. It's not ideal but does the trick in a pinch.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    173

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Quote Originally Posted by RambleOn View Post
    Pinecones.

    Make sure to keep direction and application in mind in mind. Has a smoother side and one that provides enhanced exfoliation.
    Enhanced exfoliation hahahaga
    "The 375 H&H was made obsolete the day the 375 Ruger was introduced"

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,790

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    in my emerg pack I have some paper towel in 1 rubber surgical glove ....the really thick ones...and some 2ply in the other glove..it is nice to have some paper towel to clean the grease off your knife to sharpen it or just to be less slippery

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Squamish
    Posts
    6,093

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Hard to beat those biodegradable wet-wipes, especially on a long trip with no showers.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Okanagan
    Posts
    14,187

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Clean.....
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Changing diapers
    Posts
    1,021

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Socks in a pinch after the pinch
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

    "I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    628

    Re: Newbie questions - what kind of tp do you pack?

    Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Hard to beat those biodegradable wet-wipes, especially on a long trip with no showers.
    ^^^^^ALBRAVO2 for the win!^^^^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •