Thread: Dog Friendly Ice Fishing Cabin Suggestions

Dog Friendly Ice Fishing Cabin Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Hoping to get some suggestions - want to take my son ice fishing but want to take the rest of the family with me. Not looking for an RBNB, but rather a cabin, that holds 2 adults, 2 kids and allows a dog, obviously close to a ice-fishable lake.

Max 3 hours drive from Coquitlam

Flexible for time, but given that the Missus is in the mix and I want to not feel too bad for fishing on the ice a decent amount of time, maybe something a little nicer

Yes I can (and have) looked online but the "dog" is a surprising limitation for finding a cabin.

Any suggestions welcome

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dog Friendly Ice Fishing Cabin Suggestions

Tunkwa Lake Resort is a no brainer. Great little cabins right on the water. Dog friendly. Full of rainbows and Leighton Lake right beside it. It was hardly fished this year due to the wildfires so there will be a lot of fish in there that didn't get bonked this summer. Not sure of their winter plans so give them a call.

The kellett cabin in Tulameen might work for you, very dog friendly, big fenced yard, away from the usual rental / noise / party houses and an easy drive or walk to Otter Lake for fishing. It's maybe larger than what you want but well equipped and located and lots of things to do to entertain the Wife, kids and dog. kelletcabin.webs.com
    Our cabin is right across from it, know the Owner ( fellow hunter ) very well, good guy.

Another recommendation for Tunkwa Lake Resort. I believe that they rent out ice fishing equipment as well.

Stayed a few times up at Knouff Lake.
    Dogs had a blast; fishing was pretty good.
    nice rink area cleared off as well
    I understand the resort has been sold recently, not sure if the new owners are dog friendly.
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

Appreciate all teh feedback... as much as I like Tunkwa, they don't actually allow dogs in the "Luxury" cabins, and I can't take family to a place with no running water
    IG, that property looks great but the guy never got back to me after 3 VW and an email, so unfortunately that's a no-go

Never heard of Knouff Lake before, will give them a ring, thanks a bunch....

Would recommend Knouff lake resort, new owner ship, great location and pretty confident they are dog friendly. If you do head that way send me a message about ice fishing in the area and Ill get you hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Appreciate all teh feedback... as much as I like Tunkwa, they don't actually allow dogs in the "Luxury" cabins, and I can't take family to a place with no running water
    IG, that property looks great but the guy never got back to me after 3 VW and an email, so unfortunately that's a no-go

Never heard of Knouff Lake before, will give them a ring, thanks a bunch....
    Can you let me know if they Knouff Lake resort ends up being dog friendly please?

Do you guys take your dogs out on the lake with you ice fishing? Do they stay inside of tent or outside?

Ok, so... Knouff Lake seems like a real winner. Super friendly lady on the phone, dog friendly cabins(!) and actual availability, so.... THANKS!!!!!!!

ANd yeah I take the dog with me.... He is short haired so cold is a problem, so I make him a nest out of blankets and he is happy as a clam (if anyone ever figures out why calms are supposedly "happy".... I'd like to know)

The new owner ship of the resort seem wo know what they are doing, nice family. Knouff has some good fishing around the islands, cured shrimp, cured corn, pink spoons and jigs. Heffley is also great, Kokanee not far away.