Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Blacktails: Things are heating up!

Re: Blacktails: Things are heating up!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    How was it? I've been working at a batch of deer/bear chili over here the last few hours. I always feel like a mad scientist making chili lol
    We ended up having tenderloin for dinner, and saved the heart for today. I was too busy breaking down the carcass yesterday. I need to get faster/less fussy with that.

If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

And the heart was delicious this morning!

Delicious looking meals there!

Gordon Ramsey: "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!!"

Considering getting out chasing after one more?

Anybody know how access is in the valley right now? Was hoping to get out but this flooding has put a damper on things as we all know! Wouldn’t mind a spiker like the one above to get something in the freezer! Good luck for those still going out and most importantly stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Delicious looking meals there!

Gordon Ramsey: "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!!"

Considering getting out chasing after one more?
    Thanks CG. My wife is the real chef in the house, but I do ok. I likely won’t go out again, as I’m still butchering this one, and trying to finish my duck boat, and run a business and keep a wife happy, and and and...

I look at it this way: what we don’t shoot this year, will be bigger next year. At least in a perfect world it will be

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Thanks CG. My wife is the real chef in the house, but I do ok. I likely won’t go out again, as I’m still butchering this one, and trying to finish my duck boat, and run a business and keep a wife happy, and and and...

I look at it this way: what we don’t shoot this year, will be bigger next year. At least in a perfect world it will be
    I'm probably done for the season too. Sure there are still places to go, maybe take the bow for a walk, but going to rest up this weekend... if I get the itch maybe the next.

So funny enough, I mentioned maybe I see another deer in that pic you posted with the doe, how it looks like a throat patch. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

But if I zoom in on the pic I posted in post #46 where have the packs on, I see what looks to be a doe staring right at me lol

Am I crazy and going through hunting withdrawal, looking at random timber pics seeing stuff that isn't there or is this a dang doe staring at me while caddisgirl takes the picture?

I'm still hopeful to try for a region BT before the 15th in a safe zone. If the highway re-opens, I wouldn't mind trying for a bow WT as well but that is a lot less likely at this time. Fingers crossed the rain today doesn't knock out highway 3 again...

I just got home from Abbotsford and I tell ya, it’s damp outside!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I'm still hopeful to try for a region BT before the 15th in a safe zone. If the highway re-opens, I wouldn't mind trying for a bow WT as well but that is a lot less likely at this time. Fingers crossed the rain today doesn't knock out highway 3 again...
    Atta go.

There are still spots so long as the highways are good. Don't even need to drive "closed" FSR's. Might find a place to take the bow for a walk last weekend of the season fairly close to home if I feel like it and it's all safe.

Hope you'll find one and post it up.

Out for BTs this afternoon. Saw a group of three does today, a studly thinking Spiker was keeping them busy pushing them around nose to butt. Round and round up and down. Always fun to see.

The big boy didn't show, and the does gave the Spiker no rewards. They're still busy.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA