Looks like it's GAME ON now. Bucks are in full on zombie mode, walking around with their nose to the ground.

The pocket I am hunting has around 8 does and 3 bucks that I know about. One is a little two point, another is also a 2 point and 1 eye guard with a body and wood that dwarfs most 4 - 5 points, the other is a nice 3x3.

They have been showing up on multiple cams daily, usually a few minutes to an hour after some of the ladies pass by, sometimes within an hour before or after me, and that's just on the cams... who knows how close we have been in the timber or if I've missed one standing there staring at me.

I haven't been able to be at the right place at the right time yet, but I think it's getting close, even overdue. Yesterday I checked a cam and found myself 9 minutes behind 3 does. I plopped right down there anticipating a follower, but nobody showed. No luck so for aside, I've been having a blast and a heck of a workout getting up high and still hunting for these guys.

Hopefully I will be able to make it out the next couple of weekends. Weather seems a bit iffy and losing access due to snow is a real possibility. Best case, the snow flies but stays up higher bringing in some migratory action while still being able to access the pocket. Worst case, no access and I'm shut down. Could go either way.

Anyone else going after those deep timber Region 2 blacktails? How is your season so far?