Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacktails: Things are heating up!

Re: Blacktails: Things are heating up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Congrats caddis! Always look forward to reading your threads! Dandy buck!
    Thank you! There should be more coming. I'm heading out Thursday with my brother. If we can get in and aren't getting weathered in, I'll have 3.5 fulls days to hunt.

I've been trying to get video together of the last one. Lots of good video but having trouble with sound quality on the voiceover, so it's on hold for a bit. Need more time. Probably need to order a better mic gadget, and might double up this coming weekend into one video. Will toss up the stories, pics and vids here on this thread.

EDIT: Actually whatever... here's what I have so far (video and voiceover from the last video) I posted it as "unlisted" on YouTube rather than "Public". Let me know if it's "decent enough" to flip to public or if the sound is too garbage and I should re-post better quality voiceover.

HBC exclusive right here

Last edited by caddisguy; 11-10-2021 at 12:06 AM.

Great Video caddisguy, and nice buck.

Video is good to go.

Congrats again!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Caddis end up heading out Thursday for an extended trip? He trapped somewhere?

Cool video. I'd be down for the two point! He is a fantastic animal for sure!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Caddis end up heading out Thursday for an extended trip? He trapped somewhere?
    I was trapped out there with my brother behind white water rapids. Thankfully stuck with a good tribe of folks (9 of us) ... I took 2 days but we were able to divert the rapids into 3 sections and build a path of benches through, then take advantage of the cold snap and break in the rain. It was sketchy, but we got all the equipment out (thanks to a good bushman and skilled driver named Edward) except one of the two trailers. One guy had a deer to eat on so we ate well and tossed rocks for a couple days.

HBC member Salty came and helped us out too. We are now safe here in Hope with Salty.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 11-17-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Right on!!! Glad to hear it. I heard about this from Danny and was wondering when you guys would make it out.

Post up your full story here in a new thread! Sleeping in your jeep for a week couldn't have been very comfortable.

Good to hear about the deer in camp. That certainly helps!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    I was trapped out there with my brother behind white water rapids. Thankfully stuck with a good tribe of folks (9 of us) ... I took 2 days but we were able to divert the rapids into 3 sections and build a path of benches through, then take advantage of the cold snap and break in the rain. It was sketchy, but we got all the equipment out (thanks to a good bushman and skilled driver named Edward) except one of the two trailers. One guy had a deer to eat on so we ate well and tossed rocks for a couple days.

HBC member Salty came and helped us out too. We are now safe here in Hope with Salty.
    SAFE WITH SALTY?? Sounds like a horror movie teaser...

Good on ya Salty for harboring these folks. Our friend is stuck in Hope at a campsite down by the river. Sleeping in their SUV, not Matt Foley's van....

I was just thinking about your trip and worried you may be out there. So glad to hear you and others made it out safe!

Thumbs up Re: Blacktails: Things are heating up!

Good to hear you managed to get out!

Also great to learn of yet another HBCer's Helping Hands!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me