Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flyways.....

Re: Flyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by tundraman View Post
    Just because you never seen it doesn't mean it wasn't. I have hunted waterfowl almost as long and never seen it either until now. I was up around the Gang ranch when I saw it.
    Take a big step back slick, you asked is it normal and I answered I’ve never seen it. Not interested in pissing match.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Pretty fascinating to realize that the snow geese here nest and rear their young on Wrangell Island in Russia.
    When people ask why I'll hunt snowies I tell them we need to kill more of them because when they get back to Wrangel they will eat all the top soil and destroy all the vegetation they and all the other birds need to survive the summer. They have prospered too much by feasting on the grasses and crops up and down the Pacific flyway.

Sorry about that Modeltwelve, I jumped the gun that one,

Hmmm I came across that page before, but never found anything relevant to the topic... will be digging deeper, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Our own government has lots of material if you know how to search for it. Here's a good starting point:

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/en...ory-birds.html

Yes, very.....

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Pretty fascinating to realize that the snow geese here nest and rear their young on Wrangell Island in Russia.

There are ducks and geese that nest in northern Alaska that migrate to the Eastern US coast. It's fascinating how far these birds go.