Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for rattling antlers

Looking for rattling antlers

I can't see spending 50 bucks at Cabelas for plastic antlers!

Anyone here have a couple of sheds they would be willing to part with?

I haven't been very successful finding bucks. I thought I would give 'rattling' a shot. My area has a lot of does and fawns -so I know there are bucks out there!

I'm in Vancouver and travel back and forth to Kamloops every couple of weeks.

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for rattling antlers

Funny enough I just chopped down all my skulls to find my best set to try to rattle my first buck as well..

if you don’t find any closer to home, let me know next time you go to Kamloops I have some extras, nothing spectacular but better than plastic I’m confident

I have a single WT shed you can have if you can find another single from someone. I'm in Mission, send me a message if you're interested.

if you lived around kamloops area,,,,id have some antlers for you,,,,,choice of whitetail or mulie
    Aim small,,miss small

Do you know anyone in Victoria who'll be headed your way? If so I've got a pair of rattlin' antlers you can have for free. We bought 2 pairs of the smaller type of rattling antlers.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Rattle bags work great. Rattled in mulie a and whites with mine and some big ones too. A lot nicer to pack around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz.325 View Post
    Rattle bags work great. Rattled in mulie a and whites with mine and some big ones too. A lot nicer to pack around too.
    Can confirm. Used a rattle bag (wood kind) for blacktails and was successful.

Never rattled mule deer so can't help there.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Ive called Mulies in with rattling and grunting, right in the heart of the rutt.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I wouldn't use anything but my two shed mulie antlers to rattle with. Been using them for years and have had some really good luck with them. Having said that, they are a hassle to pack around. I can fit them in my pack but barely so I attach them to the outside and have had them pulled off by branches. Plus the odd finger injury every year as a reminder that you are smashing bones together. The confidence I get from these antlers is the reason I use them. Every time I use them I expect a buck to come in. The rattle bags are compact and easy to pack around and if these ones break I might give that option a try.

https://illusionsystems.com/products...11729421631524

How did you rattle that whitetail in with muley rattling antlers? I would have though that deer would know better.