Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No hunting yet ?

Re: No hunting yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    My wife fell and broke her hip. I have become nurse, cook, gardener, house cleaner, banker etc.
    As a result, have missed the elk and moose seasons!
    Will hopefully be able to get away for a few deer hunts...
    that sucks, hopefully she fully recovers.

I went out with a few other hbc members at the start of sept and have taken my son out a few times. I don’t have tags so I was just out for the fun and hoping for an encounter with a wolf. This is the second yr I have decided to not hunt elk due to low numbers. November will be here by my next days off so i will purchase a white tail tag and start heading south to find a buck.

I've been out for a week only in September.
    Busy with work, home renos.
    I might venture out for some BT in November.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Time to get serious now, leaves are down, snow on the ground, cool temps for hanging, anybuck is closing so traffic will be down
    my time of year
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Not hunting except wolves. Typically only hunt BT's. However I will not hunt BT's until more is known about this AHD virus which is killing deer within sight of my place. I put one down myself and contacted the Wildlife Rescure about it. They are worried. The symptons horrific. The virus a very recent arrival from California due to warming habitat here. A BT can look healthy until the nasty sets in. I have seen it personally upclose and will not hunt. Very little concern here on HBC ...it seems.

Hunted 21 days in a row up north in September got two deer and haven’t been out since.
    Going to take the wife out both days this weekend to get a mule buck and I have the next two weeks off to go chase white tail bucks.

Went out for a day with a friend. Good thing that I didn't see the biggest buck of my life because I would not have been able to shoot him.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

14 days spread out over the last 2-1/2 months for me. Helped a buddy get his first bull moose and my nephew get his first bull moose. Shot 2 Wolves myself.

My late season bull moose tag opens up in a couple days. I don’t have much freezer room but I’m taking a buddy out who also has a late season bull moose tag to see if I can get him into his first bull. It’s been mild so the rivers are still ice free up here. Could end in a hat-trick of firsts this year.

A week before our annual moose trip my Father-in-Law passed away so that ended my trip.It's agony getting regular texts from my hunting group, but there are some things more important than hunting, not many but some

Had three nice moose/elk/caribou trips planned this year and had to cancel all of them due to health issues. A fourth trip was cancelled due to my partner's elderly mother breaking her hip a couple days before we were to leave. So looks like I will get out a few days locally in the next few weeks on local farms, and maybe a drive-about for bears. Yeah I'm still bummed out having to miss those trips!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Got out for the canada goose opener and got 2 and been out a couple of times for ducks.Hopefully I can get out next weekend for deer.