Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie questions: boot mileage vs ATVs, chickens, hares, game?

Re: Newbie questions: boot mileage vs ATVs, chickens, hares, game?

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Sitting/entering in swirling winds is not a great idea especially if you think it is a hot spot. To me swirling winds means still hunting and to keep moving. Otherwise if you can get in there with good winds then why not give it a try? That also sounds like a great spot to put up a trail cam. They can be great tools to learn what is moving when… and what kinds of odds you’ll be facing if you choose to sit there.
    I like the trail cam idea. I've been looking at them all day. No good sales on right now though. Maybe next flyer

The fecal fishing guide sent me a link for these. $65 ish on Amazon. His pics look pretty decent.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B099RQJHBF/...9XMMZSPAHMMZHR
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Once you identify an active trail between feeding and bedding grounds pick a good straight tree that is 10 - 20 yards off the trail. Put a treestand up about 15 feet off the ground (helps with your scent) be sure to buy one that will carry your weight or buy a ground blind. Get into your stand/blind at least 45 min before dawn and stay as long as you can. I usually get out of the tree around 11am and get back in around 2pm for the afternoon sit. Treestand = Killing Machine.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."