Thread: Quesnel area advice

Quesnel area advice

Finally got some time off work, so me and the girlfriend are heading to quesnel next week (nov4th-8th) to stay with family and do some hunting.

We are novice hunters, and looking to fill our first ever big game tags. We have spent a good amount of time in the Tulameen and Princeton areas so far and have had no luck besides some grouse. Tho we have found deer and elk!

The family we are staying with in Quesnel may or may not be able to show us around due to work commitments ect.

If anyone has any tips as to what general areas/roads we could check out it would be much appreciated as we are pretty unfamiliar with the area. We have tags for muley, white tail and black bear.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quesnel area advice

Blackwater area and around Nazko have always been reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Patman7 View Post
    Blackwater area and around Nazko have always been reliable.
    Thank you! I will check it out

West Fraser road has a 400m no shooting perimeter on either side. Just a FYI

guided for decades for GHOST LAKE outfitters know the area intimately please send pm with ph number i will call

steven Rupp

Garner Rd, West Fraser and side roads, Deserter creek Rd, Z road. Be aware of private land and the 400m single projectile restriction off West Fraser (carry a bow or shotgun w/buckshot).
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

I lived in Quesnel for 33+ years. I would recommend to you to go out in the Swift River area. Just past Coldspring House on the right. Side roads are marked by letter, i.e. "A" "B" ext. You should also try the 300 and 500 roads off the Barkerville highway. Lots of little pocket lakes to scour around. Good for moose and deer. Be mindful of bears and wolves.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I lived in Quesnel for 33+ years. I would recommend to you to go out in the Swift River area. Just past Coldspring House on the right. Side roads are marked by letter, i.e. "A" "B" ext. You should also try the 300 and 500 roads off the Barkerville highway. Lots of little pocket lakes to scour around. Good for moose and deer. Be mindful of bears and wolves.
    Awesome, thank you so much. Will definitely check those out.

There's 2 fresh wolf kills on the little swift rd right now, a cariboo and a moose.

Keep you rifle handy