Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of the BC LEH

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: Removal of the BC LEH

lol Certainly not a human rights issue. It is a random draw and yes you might not get a draw and others might get them repeatedly, that is how it is. My buddies dad won the 649 twice in 1 year, first a Million and then about half that. It is the luck of the draw. I have been extremely fortunate to have had more than one island elk draw, and my share of moose draws BUT I have not gotten any in over ten years, Just the way it goes
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Cool Re: Removal of the BC LEH

Stop the group hunts. You have to apply on an individual basis. If you are successful and get a draw then next season you go to back of the line whether you shot a moose or not. I hear you brother. Same people get draws year after year and others get nothing. Last moose draw and only moose draw I ever got was in 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Point creep is evident across several states that use priority. Some areas it's getting horrible with extremely long waits.

An example of Alberta's pitfalls is the priority sheep hunts. If you didn't apply in year one you'll never draw. Some guys who applied in year two would be over 150 years to ever draw a tag. Broken system when it's priority only. A blended system or a bonus point system seems to work much better when looking at US states and Alberta as examples. Sure there are some positives no doubt. Just think that looking long term a lot of places with "priority" would rather have a different system in place. Even a 75/25 mix of priority is an option if bonus pt system isn't used.
    I like our system in Alberta. Yes some wait times are long but theoretically everyone will get a chance to hunt any species of big game in Alberta once your waiting period is done. One thing that might make a difference in the waiting times is stricter residency requirements. Non residents that hunt in Alberta can also put in for draws which increase the wait times as well.

piss off...why isn't it fair....go cry me a river
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Hard no.

Don’t like that you can’t get drawn for a place you want, apply some place else with different odds.

Luck of the draw is simply that, luck. Some people are luckier than others.
    In no way is that a violation of your human rights.
    This. And I also call bs on the 8 years in row moose draw.

All due respect, but these threads are literally always started by someone who just struck out . The use of the word “fair” is a swear word in our house. Life’s not “fair “ get over it it. I’m in same boat with leh success. Don’t like it don’t put your name in the drAw and stop your belly aching.

"stop the group hunts" wtf. Then you would see less people get drawn, then the real complaining would start.

I feel that there is a large percentage of hunters that don't fully understand how our LEH draw functions. For the most part the people that cry wolf the loudest are the ones entering the most coveted low odds draws. [ and then feel the need to say how they are never chosen ]
    ie: " I've been putting in for island elk for 35 years and never won a tag" Seeing how most of the island elk hunt code odd's are about 50:1 or worse then that says that most people will never be drawn for those tags.
    On a side note the odd's shown in the synopsis are the results from the previous year [ not what they will be when you enter ] Bottom line is that if you want to be more successful in an LEH draw then start entering for hunt codes that have a history of good odds.
    I'm fine with the way the system is now.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    bc leh lottery is a joke. its clearly fixed. it shoud be completely random or it should be cancelled.
    I agree with this

Have applied for Island Roosevelt since the start with no success. Have accompanied three friends who were successful in the draw - good bulls taken.
    Have been drawn for sheep twice, G-bear once, moose bull four times.
    Think the BC system is fair and will continue to try for Roosevelt.

You know, I apply for draws with listed odds that are better than 250:1, and I do tend to pick up every once in a while. Maybe try going for something other than a glory tag?