Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of the BC LEH

Re: Removal of the BC LEH

Absolutely not. The current lottery system is the most fair it can possibly be. A priority system ONLY screws new hunters.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

bc leh lottery is a joke. its clearly fixed. it shoud be completely random or it should be cancelled.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    bc leh lottery is a joke. its clearly fixed. it shoud be completely random or it should be cancelled.
    It is completely random. I've been putting in for group moose in region 7 with no tags for the past five seasons but have had three draws in the previous five years. For the group hunts each individual hunter's name is in the draw and if any one of them get drawn then they same the tag(s). Two hunters = 1 tag. Three+ hunters = two tags.

I'm saving up for a guided Rosie trip... tired of waiting after some thirty years.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Sign me up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveraction View Post
    I’m not a fan of this LEH system in this province.
    it is not a fair lottery, but rather an antiquated, archaic, system that does not reflect the needs of the current population of hunters in this province.

like many of you, I am also declined year after year for an LEH moose tag, while groups are given priority.
    Understand that this is a violation of your human rights, where in you are not afforded the same equal opportunities that others are given on a silver platter.
    I just returned from a 5 day of hunt in zone 6-1, I specifically went for the 3 day general open season for bull moose. Camped at Kuyakuz lake, I met the same group of hunters I met in 2018, 2020, and this year 2021.
    sharing stories and a camp fire one night, I was floored to learn that the same group of 3 hunters have been given 2 bull tags every year for the last 8 out of 9 years, Their first year , 9 years ago they were declined the LEH. I’m not sure if I’m stunned or angry, 3 hunters applying in a group get 2 tags every year for the last 8 years, 16 moose tags over 8 years while myself and I am sure many of you apply as an individual do not even get a sniff. Not only did this group of 3 get to hunt moose Sept 10 - Oct 19, but they can continue to hunt after the 3 day general open season On October 20-21-22 and they can start hunting again Oct 23 to 31st
    why should a group of hunter be given 50+ days to hunt moose year after year and you only permitted 3 days.
    your declined a tag year after year, this is a violation of your human rights.

I am wanting to know if you would be willing to put your name on a petition on a web site that I will set up and with enough signatures, I will take this political and put a push behind removal of the LEH and setting up a prioritized lottery system where in your position in the line advances every year you don’t get a tag,
    identical to Alberta draw system.
    in addition to give increases hunting opportunities for all, the Sean needs to split into 2 possibly 3 time periods of 3-4 weeks each, so you can apply to hunt the early season, the calling season or the late season.

I do t want a lecture or a long story response from anyone.

please answer YES if you would back me on this, and I’ll take it politically.

Graham
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

IMO the best system is a blend such as this one suggested here. Alberta's was fine (great) till the demand vs supply got really skewed. It is still better than BC - obviously I am not a lucky person. +30 years of LEH moose in region 4 and still waiting for my first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    This is what needs to be considered. The present BC system is a crap shoot - literally.
    Alberta's system is just as bad when considering what Rackmastr noted above.

A quick BC reference would be Island Elk and / or Kamloops sheep.
    You would never live long enough to realize a tag for either under the priority only system.

Many States deal with this complication by means of a mixed draw system. Those with average (realistic) demand are run on the priority system, those in heavy demand (as the cases noted above) are run on a lottery.

I would support a system of that nature here.

Cheers,
    Nog
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Arrow Re: Removal of the BC LEH

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    It is completely random...
    Which is why a handful of their staff were dismissed a few years back due to fixing draws for their buddies?

System is flawed.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Which is why a handful of their staff were dismissed a few years back due to fixing draws for their buddies?

System is flawed.

Nog
    What!??? References?

Our group is usually 4 groups of 3, some are in PG most on the Island. Got draw 3 times in 12 years or more. And that’s in a area that’s 6 to 1.

If you get a draw you should go to the bottom of the pile, to stay in the pile you must put in every year.
    If 4 hunters put in together that should have the option to put in for 1 to 4 moose.

I know our group would be happy with 1 moose between us.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

start a petition.... highlight the due date and establish a draw date. And a points system.

I am not convinced our current system is as random as they claim.