Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removal of the BC LEH

Removal of the BC LEH

Well this didn’t go as well as thought
    every hunter I speak to in the bush says the same thing with regards to no LEH

good luck to you all, even those of you that were ignorant.
    Last edited by Leveraction; 10-26-2021 at 07:05 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Removal of the BC LEH

No, if it exactly mimics Alberta and the issues that a priority only system have

Yes if consideration is given to a proper system like Arizona or a system where bonus points are applied or a blended system. Priority only like Alberta and several other states has some major pitfalls as well that should be addressed if looking at a new system.

It is not a violation of your human rights.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    No, if it exactly mimics Alberta and the issues that a priority only system have

Yes if consideration is given to a proper system like Arizona or a system where bonus points are applied or a blended system. Priority only like Alberta and several other states has some major pitfalls as well that should be addressed if looking at a new system.
    Curious what the pitfalls are that you mention?

Hard no.

Don’t like that you can’t get drawn for a place you want, apply some place else with different odds.

Luck of the draw is simply that, luck. Some people are luckier than others.
    In no way is that a violation of your human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Curious what the pitfalls are that you mention?
    Point creep is evident across several states that use priority. Some areas it's getting horrible with extremely long waits.

An example of Alberta's pitfalls is the priority sheep hunts. If you didn't apply in year one you'll never draw. Some guys who applied in year two would be over 150 years to ever draw a tag. Broken system when it's priority only. A blended system or a bonus point system seems to work much better when looking at US states and Alberta as examples. Sure there are some positives no doubt. Just think that looking long term a lot of places with "priority" would rather have a different system in place. Even a 75/25 mix of priority is an option if bonus pt system isn't used.

Being drawn 8 years straight as a group of three in 6-1 I gotta call bullsh!t. I put in region 6 every year as a group of 3-4. We are typically drawn every 3 years. Only once in 25 years have I been drawn 2 years in a row. They are either lying to you or they have a very good friend that works in the draw system. You are correct that you are at a disadvantage applying as a single hunter. It's about generating the most economic value from the few moose we have. Shared hunts get more hunters into the field with less animals harvested overall so that is the government's goal
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

It is a lottery. I have had a run of luck with moose 4 years in a row and bison 2 years in a row, However for the last 4 years the well has run dry. I never put in a second choice because I only hunt one area and know it well.

Arrow Re: Removal of the BC LEH

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    Point creep is evident across several states that use priority. Some areas it's getting horrible with extremely long waits.

An example of Alberta's pitfalls is the priority sheep hunts. If you didn't apply in year one you'll never draw. Some guys who applied in year two would be over 150 years to ever draw a tag. Broken system when it's priority only. A blended system or a bonus point system seems to work much better when looking at US states and Alberta as examples. Sure there are some positives no doubt. Just think that looking long term a lot of places with "priority" would rather have a different system in place. Even a 75/25 mix of priority is an option if bonus pt system isn't used.
    This is what needs to be considered. The present BC system is a crap shoot - literally.
    Alberta's system is just as bad when considering what Rackmastr noted above.

A quick BC reference would be Island Elk and / or Kamloops sheep.
    You would never live long enough to realize a tag for either under the priority only system.

Many States deal with this complication by means of a mixed draw system. Those with average (realistic) demand are run on the priority system, those in heavy demand (as the cases noted above) are run on a lottery.

I would support a system of that nature here.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I'd consider a change. I wouldn't want a 100% points based system. But I'm not up for making this political when the Issue of Human Rights is being used incorrectly in an attempt to weaponize it.