Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beach fishing Neuavo

beach fishing Neuavo

Heading to Neuavo. Taking a rod this time. Every other time there I got lazy and passed taking any fishing gear, always wished I had it when I saw other fishers. Anyone with real experience? packed a 10ft rod, penn spinner with 300m 20lb line, egg sinkers,sampo swivels etc. Pick up some shrimp and beer see what happens.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: beach fishing Neuavo

There were young people fishing off the rocks where the river comes in by Paradise village.They were catching fish.

Quote Originally Posted by justachip View Post
    There were young people fishing off the rocks where the river comes in by Paradise village.They were catching fish.
    Ok thanks. That is exactly one of the spots. Wifes cousin owns a condo at paradise residents just behind the village which is where we stay.

Good luck let us know how you make out!

not to hijack this fish thread, but I tried logging into hbc while in mexico a few years ago and it wouldn't allow it. I'm assuming it was a security type thing showing up as a foreign ip address?

I’ve had success throwing iron at them. I brought down some Koho spoons, crocs and then went and bought a couple of top water poppers. You would be better off buying them online as they were pricey in PV.
    The jacks can be a blast.
    Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Getbent View Post
    I’ve had success throwing iron at them. I brought down some Koho spoons, crocs and then went and bought a couple of top water poppers. You would be better off buying them online as they were pricey in PV.
    The jacks can be a blast.
    Good luck man!
    Thanks. Shouldnt be too complicated. Past times there the locals bait on bottom fish. Ive put together an assortment. Have some friends down there now and if I can talk someone into pitching in My buddy of deep spring charters in Prince Rupert highly recommends http://www.fortunasportfishing.com/boats. He's been out with captain Lora a few times and had great success and tremendous fun fishing live squid in schools of yellowtail.

I’ve had great luck with jacks on buzz bombs. Anything that’s heavy and can be casted with distance will work. Find a point or rock outcrop to gain distance and depth of water. Nothing is fussy out there, eat or be eaten is the law of the jungle. I also prefer braided line in this situation. It’s a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    I’ve had great luck with jacks on buzz bombs. Anything that’s heavy and can be casted with distance will work. Find a point or rock outcrop to gain distance and depth of water. Nothing is fussy out there, eat or be eaten is the law of the jungle. I also prefer braided line in this situation. It’s a difference maker.
    Good to hear. I do have braided line and some buzz bombs and 60gr stingsildas in my kit

Quote Originally Posted by TARCHER View Post
    Thanks. Shouldnt be too complicated. Past times there the locals bait on bottom fish. Ive put together an assortment. Have some friends down there now and if I can talk someone into pitching in My buddy of deep spring charters in Prince Rupert highly recommends http://www.fortunasportfishing.com/boats. He's been out with captain Lora a few times and had great success and tremendous fun fishing live squid in schools of yellowtail.
    Ive fished with Lora. Fantastic outfit. He will put you on fish. Only 2 taxis in Punta de Mita to get back to town and they are pricey if you aren’t driving there on your own. Just an FYI as it surprised me. It was like triple what we paid to get there.
    Good luck