Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Road hunters killed my buck.

Re: Road hunters killed my buck.

Don't have a tree stand in the budget, but there's a big old pine tree I can climb up.

Cheers!

Goes to show you road hunting kicks azz!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by LongBowDerek View Post
    Yesterday I was hunting up in the aberdeen area by a small lake I'd been scouting and hunting since early September. Tons of does in the area and I found sign of a single buck, so Yesterday I decided to focus on calling him in with a few bleats and a grunt every now and then. I was hunkered down in a blind I made out of small branches and bows I found near the area. Right around dusk (after sitting in my blind for 9 hours) I heard a shot from a vehicle 200 yards down the road... Turns out road hunters just drove up and shot the buck I was trying to call.

My question is: Will the gut pile and shot scare off all the other does and future bucks in the area? It's my first season hunting deer... not sure if I should find another spot or commit to where I know there's tons of does.

Thanks.
    Do you need a soother??

No it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBowDerek View Post
    Yesterday I was hunting up in the aberdeen area by a small lake I'd been scouting and hunting since early September. Tons of does in the area and I found sign of a single buck, so Yesterday I decided to focus on calling him in with a few bleats and a grunt every now and then. I was hunkered down in a blind I made out of small branches and bows I found near the area. Right around dusk (after sitting in my blind for 9 hours) I heard a shot from a vehicle 200 yards down the road... Turns out road hunters just drove up and shot the buck I was trying to call.

My question is: Will the gut pile and shot scare off all the other does and future bucks in the area? It's my first season hunting deer... not sure if I should find another spot or commit to where I know there's tons of does.

Thanks.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

the guts and hide, legs, etc. may actually attract bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imdone View Post
    No the guts nor the shot will scare any other deer out . They are literally used to both. Hunt the area again .

By the way ....... Big grin ...... Thanks for the buck
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Amen brotha

hahahaha good chuckle

It's too bad they never saw your ownership tag on that deer. It happens at times

Keep at it, you'll get another chance. And quit posting or talking about where you hunt.

We shot 2 elk, 6 hours apart and 300 hundred yards apart, 2 days apart.
    And i know someone and his partner, that shot 2 bull elk, 100 yards apart, 15minutes apart on same day!
    I gutted a buck, dragged it downhill and had other bucks knowing i was there scrambling to get out of the way as i
    headed down.
    It wont bother than for long.
    Unless there are Preds on it, than maybe hang "upwind" from it.