Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 560000 hectares closed effectively immediately

Re: 560000 hectares closed effectively immediately

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Exactly what happened in Region 7, FNs only hunting zones. Discrimination at it's finest.....

At least with motor vehicle closures you could still use horses, bikes or even hunt on foot. Just wait till they implement more of these FNs exclusive hunting areas, coming soon to a place near you.
    As mentioned in the other thread, gates are going up here in Region 2. I spoke to the Ministry about it and was told that though the gates are unauthorized, they can't remove them because it's political, essentially a stand down order from top level provincial government.

So yes, coming to a theatre near you. No justification needed now (ie: closed due to fire) ... anything can be gated now, no justification necessary.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-03-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    As mentioned in the other thread, gates are going up here in Region 2. I spoke to the Ministry about it and was told that though the gates are unauthorized, they can't remove them because it's political, essentially a stand down order from top level provincial government.

So yes, coming to a theatre near you. No justification needed now (ie: closed due to fire) ... anything can be gated now, no justification necessary.
    How are your efforts going on contacting outdoors/4X4 groups?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    Thank you for posting rageous. I don't really get the sparks lake closed area?
    It shows that it's closed but says all existing roads and trails are open?
    Looks like you can drive a motor vehicle on existing roads and trails within the boundary but not off road vehicles? So I can squeeze my truck down a quad trail but not actually use a quad?

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Looks like you can drive a motor vehicle on existing roads and trails within the boundary but not off road vehicles? So I can squeeze my truck down a quad trail but not actually use a quad?
    This is what I understand as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    2021Wildlife.closures@gov.bc.ca

I do not operate an ORV, but this is the contact email which might provide some clarification. They were pretty quick to respond when I asked about the closure time frame back in early April.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhawes View Post
    2021Wildlife.closures@gov.bc.ca

I do not operate an ORV, but this is the contact email which might provide some clarification. They were pretty quick to respond when I asked about the closure time frame back in early April.
    Thanks. I’ll fire them an email.

Nothing is closed you can still hunt fish hike camp walk sleep and shoot in all these places. As long as you don’t make new trails. Or drive in the fire weed.

Much to do about nothing…