Thread: Old Boots

Old Boots

What do you folks do with old hunting boots? Not the ones that have no sole or has cracked leather and leak, but ones the you just don't wear anymore but still have a few years left?

I have a couple pairs of older Danners (Canadian and Pronghorn, both USA made), a pair of Irish Setter fire boots and a couple others I can't remember the name of. All are in used but good shape, oiled down with Obenaufs boot dressing yearly and stored in a tote Just don't have a need for them.

Sell them, give them to the local thrift store, toss them in garbage?

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Old Boots

Put them on here for jrs. Free
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Use them for mowing the lawn.

I had a old pair of rocky boots that I literally wore through the sole on one, and the other cracked, they had been all over BC on many epic moose,caribou and deer hunts. They kicked around and were very lonely as they were retired, on the last deer hunt in Dec 2016 I took two six inch spikes and nailed them on opposing fir trees about 100 feet from each other on the back sides of a main game trail I had hunted for many years you would never see them if you just drove up that old road but if you had walked that game trail from either direction crossing DAD'S landing you would have seen them---Lo and behold the 2017 fire took them away and thats all I have to say about old boots! region 3 by the way HORSEE
    PIGS IS PIGS;BUT HOG'S IS HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Put them on here for jrs. Free
    Might be an idea, but some of those Juniors probably have bigger feet than me......

I was thinking of giving them away if someone covered the shipping. I will take some pictures and post them up and see if anyone wants them.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Soak em in two part resin and turn em into flower pots for the deck.
    MM

I use mine as home winter boots. Good for going for walks in bad weather or shoveling snow, etc.

Never owned bona fide 'hunting' boots. Just used an old pair of hiking boots until they completely wore out.... Don't know how many times they were at the shoe repair shop.... they owe me nothing.... prolly end up in the trash or maybe I can cut them up to make door hinges for my remote cabin in the Yukon haha.

then there are the home made mukluks my ex made for the really cold, deep snow hunting excursions.... still have 'em but they're about done now too after multiple repairs.
    Last edited by mike31154; 11-21-2021 at 05:12 PM.

When I have a pair of boots or other cold weather gear (jackets etc) to get rid of, I put them in my car and pass them out to a homeless person. The last time I chatted with the guy for a bit to make sure the boots were the right size. I told him I didn't want to give them to him if they were going to end up in a ditch somewhere. The few times I have done this - I got bigger smiles and thank yous than if I had given them 5 bucks.

Stash a pair in each of my trucks for walk home gear. For when the big one hits and I'm in downtown vancouver......