Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vet in Kamloops

Vet in Kamloops

Hi all, I'm getting my new GSP/DK pup tomorrow (!!) and looking for recommendations on a vet in Kamloops. We've recently found that our usual vet for the cats and my wife's dog costs twice as much as some other places for things like spaying and shots. I'm not looking for the cheapest vet in town, but this discovery has made me examine why we're using our current vet - they've been fine, but we've only used them for basic things and I don't know that they are worth paying double.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vet in Kamloops

Send RemingtonJim a pm later on..he has dachshunds and might have an answer for you. Think he’s out looking for a 200” buck today (lotsa luck)

Give Linda at Someday Retrievers a call. YOu probably want to get to know her anyway. She'll do training - and runs a kennel for when you need to be out of town. Tell her Joel with the WHP sent you. She's my kennel of choice.

Not sure who your using, but my mutts have been going to Central Animal hospital for the last 10 years. We are very happy with them.
    And like jlirot says, Someday is awesome.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

Behind the brick in valleyview..there great cant remember name as wife runs farm and i just build stuff.

I have used them all. Go to Riverside Vet on the west end of Lorne Street. (250) 372-7781
    https://www.riversidesmallanimalhosp...LndlYnNpdGU%3D
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

We used to use central animal hospital and were happy with them until our dog had something stuck up his nose. They said they could not do the surgery but said a vet in Kelowna (second time they suggested this vet for something they could not do) could as they would send a scope up the nose and see what was going on. I was trying to figure out which days I could take off work to take the dog to Kelowna for this highly specialized surgery. Googled the scoping procedure and saw two other vets in Kamloops did it. Riverside Small animal hospital was one of them. I played basketball with one of the vets and asked him about the scope surgery and they said they do them all the time. Went there for the surgery and have not looked back for any of our vet needs.

Just had our 7 month chocolate lad spayed last month and it like $500 or so for regular spaying (two different coworkers had their done a couple months before for around The same price from two different vets. We opted for the more expensive lapriscopic surgery as the incision would only be 1 cm and healing time was way faster. That was around 900 if I remember correctly.

Bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Behind the brick in valleyview..there great cant remember name as wife runs farm and i just build stuff.
    Valleyview Veterinary Clinic.

Our Neighbour, Heather, is one of the owners and our vet since this summer (we moved to Kamloops only 2 years ago). Previously our bet was Dr. Jay Pollock in Duncan/Chemainus, and he was excellent and very straightforward.

Heather has been very good, listens well to our concerns regarding our older GSD who is starting to show some auto-immune problems which are being exacerbated by her age.

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    Send RemingtonJim a pm later on..he has and might have an answer for you. Think he’s out looking for a 200” buck today (lotsa luck)
    dachshunds, heavy and low to the ground
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    We used to use central animal hospital and were happy with them until our dog had something stuck up his nose. They said they could not do the surgery but said a vet in Kelowna (second time they suggested this vet for something they could not do) could as they would send a scope up the nose and see what was going on. I was trying to figure out which days I could take off work to take the dog to Kelowna for this highly specialized surgery. Googled the scoping procedure and saw two other vets in Kamloops did it. Riverside Small animal hospital was one of them. I played basketball with one of the vets and asked him about the scope surgery and they said they do them all the time. Went there for the surgery and have not looked back for any of our vet needs.........Bhb
    We did the same runaround for our GS pup , Tri Lakes couldn't do it, WK could, first a $180 consult to maybe identify if a scope was necessary, then tranqing for the scoping, then possible $thousands if they had to operate for a growth or pollip
    We home-doctored with some topical antibiotic cream and he was fine after
    will be looking to Kammy if anything else comes up
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole