Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful Stave LEH

Re: Successful Stave LEH

Oh wow what a great bull you got there, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Wow what a stud! Well done. Sounds like you had a great time. I can relate to the wall tent flooding/taking flight. Been there haha. Good on yah!

Also like the mini jet boat!!

Can't say I've ever had my wall tent fly away but now I can 🤣 thanks the jet boat was a huge help in getting up there

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    That’s a beautiful animal ! Sounds like you pushed through the negative weather and made the best of it , determined and look at the outcome ,Awesome !
    Tell us a bit about the jet boat
    Arctic Lake
    We picked up the jet boat after finding out I got the draw. It's a 12 foot jetstream with a 300 supercharged Rotax engine. It was great to have for all the scouting trips we did. A little small to pack everything out in one trip though

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Beauty bull for sure, congrats!!! The weather up there sure can be something else. Dead calm ride up and huge rollers/whitecaps coming out only within hours. The rain sure does make it a tough slog, but you persevered and got her done; awesome job.
    Thank you. That lake totally has a mind of its own. Packing out was the worst as it was multiple trips up and down with Whitecaps.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Congrats.. that is a great elk. Thanks for sharing.

How far off the river/lake were they?
    When we had scouted we had seen them on the river before but after the storm we never saw any sign again out in the open. I got mine further up the river past 15km

WOW, he's a beauty!!!!!! Congrats and good for you guys for toughing it out.

Your perseverance sure paid off big time.

Reminds me of the crazy weather we had last year when we had the Pitt draw, never, ever seen rain like that, was ridiculous to say the least! It was one of our most memorable hunts for sure!
    Congratulations on the bull!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Reminds me of the crazy weather we had last year when we had the Pitt draw, never, ever seen rain like that, was ridiculous to say the least! It was one of our most memorable hunts for sure!
    Congratulations on the bull!

Living in the lower mainland you'd think we'd be used to the rain but I swear Pitt and stave have their own weather systems. It'll be memories to last a lifetime. Thank you !

Congrats! That is a beauty bull, and sounds like one of those hunts you'll remember for a long time
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

love the colour of the rack