Thread: Notice to potential new members.

Notice to potential new members.

As the internet advances things are getting harder and harder to do safely. Thus if your reading this and are using a VPN your not going to get an account. I try often to screen applicants and allow as many as I think are legitimate and are not here to harm the site. Many applicants of late are from countries that are reputed to be untrustworthy and yet others just plain are a risk and get punted.

So if you are legitimate and cannot get an account, send me, Marc, Elkhound or Gateholio a PM and we will check things out.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Notice to potential new members.

With malware, spyware, and data tracking/mining trends in online spaces it is increasingly recommended for personal security to use a VPN at all times when online. Seems a little anachronistic to resist that.

Thanks Steelco. That explains why I'm blocked at my office (we have a VPN) but not at home. No big deal, no need to fix it. Appreciate the explanation.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey

Ditto

was wondering why, when travelling and using a VPN, that I could not connect

all good, no need to change

thanks again for providing this great venue

I appreciate it immensely

chris

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    With malware, spyware, and data tracking/mining trends in online spaces it is increasingly recommended for personal security to use a VPN at all times when online. Seems a little anachronistic to resist that.
    No argument here. But as I (we) still need to manually approve or disapprove memberships this is the best your going to get for now. The sites owner has the last call on software updates!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!