Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Re: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    TSX and TTSX
    Was the mullet in a manbun to harness the creedmore power???? All joking aside i am sure both those great animals where harvested broadside less than 100yds and that young mullet boy hanging with you and in the north gets more opurtunity at large ungulates than 90of hunters in bc..patience would be key your notbshooting that bull at 250in the chest head on like you would with say a 300 or 338

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    You - Your Kids have already KILLED other deer - what was the bullet performance like on those DEAD Deer ? RJ
    Those great bucks my son shot where all with his cutom made 30-06 150 hornady...my daughters gun was still in my truck from sundays hunt which was succeful aswell and we had not taken her gun out of the truck yet hence first lead flown out of 6.5 at something bigger than a yote.

I think it did exit out the bottom and not the rib cages after being a bouncy ball inside there. Deflection of 90degrees down...all that said heart was a ball of congealed mush.

Dead is Dead. All about shot placement. You could kill a moose with a .22LR if you could get the right shot. (Not that an am condoning such behavior)

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    patience would be key your notbshooting that bull at 250in the chest head on like you would with say a 300 or 338
    the moose was quartering-to at 163y

I had a Barnes 7mm deflect on an elk after the bullet clipped the spine and it exited lower in the shoulder on the far side. I have never seen evidence of any bullet "bouncing around" the vitals
    Last edited by todbartell; 10-19-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Well there is a hole going in and not one going out. Deer is all cleaned up..
    So what's the problem?

Was working today in the yard and heard a weird noise.
    There was a whitetail buck at 10yds..grabbed the closest gun my daughters 6.5 and shot the buck in the heart at 30 yds no exit..wow what a puny gun anybody that says its a moose gun is on glue.
    here's a thread on 30-06 for clean kills on black bear

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...stics-in-30-06
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I've shoot large Mule deer bucks with 143eldx from
    250 yards out to 600 yards and the bullets always pass through.. though For moose and elk I would go for the .300wsm

Business up front, party in the back!! Joe Dirt goes hunting!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Holy Mullet Batman !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Putting a bullet in the wrong place isn't really the fault of the cartridge.

Long before the 6.5 CM existed people were killing moose and elk with similar cartridges like the 7-08 and 6.5x55. I would even throw the .270 in there for comparison, especially as it's been around a long time and many factory loads from the not too distant past are similar to the 6.5 CM performance and the moose still died.
    I agree with you Gateholio.
    I shoot 30-06 for moose and 6.5x55 swede for deer.
    My 65 swede shoots 140 gr nosler accubonds and is devestating on mulies and any deer for that matter.
    I know they used to shoot moose in norway and sweden withy the swede but don't know if I would attempt that when I have a 30-06.
    copper surprize

I love these threads. The 6.5 creed is no good for moose, but it’s little brother(marginally) the Swede has probably taken more moose in the world than any other cartridge.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.