Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Re: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Caliber and bullet selection are 2 very different things. To say a cartridge is crap because you didn't like the bullet performance is really uneducated. The bullet dumped all it's energy into the buck and the buck is dead. What more do you want??

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I understand you didn't find an exit wound. I was interested in what the bullet did. Why didn't it exit? Did it blow up? What did the recovered bullet look like?

I would say it deflected down and bounced around the insides like a bouncy ball....

Quote Originally Posted by koothunter View Post
    Caliber and bullet selection are 2 very different things. To say a cartridge is crap because you didn't like the bullet performance is really uneducated. The bullet dumped all it's energy into the buck and the buck is dead. What more do you want??
    Didnt say its crap just said i have seen people carrying them for elk and moose and i would think thats a mistake. So what would you do get. Solid copper bullet and then have a small needle hole go through the animal without opening...

Terminal Ascent has a solid copper shank, even at close range I would be surprised if the whole shank blew up. I've never used one though, so no real life experience with one.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I dont think it blew up i think it got in and bounced around i will say the insides where ripped to shreds...

Probably kill a moose just fine then.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

once you grow your man bun a bit more, you get a extra 300fps. Turns into a fine moose gun. I think it’s a user operation error.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    once you grow your man bun a bit more, you get a extra 300fps. Turns into a fine moose gun. I think it’s a user operation error.
    I see thats my problem...i better eitheir finish the bun off getting pretty long hair right now or give it back to my daughter..lol

Did the deer die?
    Did you recover it?
    If you answer yes to both questions, I'd say it all worked out perfectly.

I shot a moose with my 45-70, no exit hole. It doesn't mean 45-70 is too weak for moose. Exit hole are over rated.

Karo you know better lol. I shot a blacktail two years ago with a .300wsm at 30 yards and didn’t get a pass through. Bones happen.