Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Re: Is 6.5 creedmore enough?

Don't or won't have one but if I did I think it would be just right for the gopher patch in case a guy come across a badger.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

hell with quality bullets I would hunt anything in North America with it.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Downwindtracker2 View Post
    Out of curiosity I checked Nosler load data, both the 260 Remington and the 6.5 Creedmore hold 49gr of water. Here cubic inches count. The Creedmore has a higher pressure rating, so will give greater book velocities.
    apples to apples, the 260 Rem will produce about 30 fps more velocity than the 6.5 Creedmoor
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

100% it's enough*

People stick sharp razor blades into animals from a piece of wood and string, and the animal dies*

*with proper range and placement being key to it all

Lots of hunters in the western US are taking elk at 800 yards with the 6.5 PRC. The diminutive 6.5 Creedmoor would land with this level of performance at 650 yards
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Great cartridge but its a re-invention of the wheel. 6.5x55 Swede had the right twist, Long throats, able to handle heavy bullets at moderate velocities since 1894 and has a great reputation in Northern Europe for big game.

The Creed does this in a short action, to some a plus but to others not.

Gives us 6.5 shooters more options when it comes to reloading components.

In Africa, the 6.5x54 Mannlicker with a 160 RN has taken everything including elephants .

I have said a 260 kicks like a 243 and hits like a 270.

In Africa, the 6.5x54 Mannlicker with a 160 RN has taken everything including elephants .

I have said a 260 kicks like a 243 and hits like a 270.
    And the biggest griz shot in canada was with a 22...hmm i alao know someone who one the lottery.

A 6.5 CM with a good bullet is plenty for lots of hunting here in BC.

Both myself and my partner have shot moose, deer, and elk with a 6.5x55 using US Made ammo (Federal blue box or Winchester) and 140gn SP bullets that crawl out of the barrel at 2385 fps and mosey on down to the animal where it falls over dead without taking another step.

The 6.5CM's decent velocity (2850 129gn) vs the 6.5x55 with anemic factory loads are completely different beasts. The 6.5CM will get it done just fine if you are within suggested energy and velocity limits for the cartridge and bullet combo.

I'd say the close range is the issue combined with the bullet selection and shot placement.

Try shooting a nice sized whitetail at 30 yds with a 338WM and a 180gn Accubond - you'll be left with mostly inedible minced meat for front quarters and bloodshot all over the place. At 450 yds it's a different story, perfect bullet performance out of the same combination with the bullet found under the skin of the offside shoulder after breaking bone on entry.

NH3
    Last edited by Night Hawk 3; 10-29-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Out of curiosity I checked Nosler load data, both the 260 Remington and the 6.5 Creedmore hold 49gr of water. Here cubic inches count. The Creedmore has a higher pressure rating, so will give greater book velocities.
    Must be a misprint. The 260 holds more water (53.5gn) than the 6.5CM (52.5gn). The 6.5CM allows longer bullets to be used.

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF