Thread: Kettle River Outfitters-Question

Kettle River Outfitters-Question

I'm not sure if the is the appropriate forum to ask this. If not, mod please move. Kettle River Outfitters based out of Oliver, offers guided hunts in region 8. I'm looking for testimonials from those that have booked a hunt with them. PM me if you prefer not to make it public. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kettle River Outfitters-Question

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well.

Where are you from? Guided hunts for locals isn't really a thing. Simply because there is nothing to stop you from coming back and hunting the outfitters spots. So even if they take you on, they are not taking you to their prime locations. It just doesn't make sense for them to do that.

Your best bet is to book a guided hunt in Alberta or one of the USA states like Idaho maybe.

Having said that, here is one review that i remember from years ago that was posted on here, as you can imagine it wasn't a very good one:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...lley+outfitter

In the Outfitters defense, they do offer "meat hunts" and this could have been booked as one of those. Nonetheless, i dont think anyone should be surprised that the outfitter did not get this individual onto a trophy deer.

The outfitter is a great guy and does his best to accommodate everyone. Great option if you do not have means to do it yourself, Staying in good accommodations meals etc. I have seen a lot of older fellows use the service that maybe would not have done it if this was not available. Contact them directly. No guarantees to harvest an animal but opportunities to get out and experience it. I thought if I got older and lost my hunting partners I would consider going that way.