Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOS Sheep season GOING TO LEH

Re: GOS Sheep season GOING TO LEH

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Eliminating GOS and replacing it with LEH by design reduces opportunity to have a chance to take a sheep.
    If the horn curl reg is generous, it may actually improve the chances of a legal ram for those that get the permit
    So hinges on the number of permits of course.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quite safe to say that the GOS has little to no effect on the bighorn population with the majority of ewes being bred. I see lots of lambs in the spring with the ewes but come fall seems most have been taken out by predators. Why not increase the Cougar season from Sept 1st - Nov 30 on top of the winter season. There’s no doubt they are the major contributor to the lambs demise.

GOS gives greater stewardship rewards than LEH, so yes, GOS has a greater chance to increase lobbying and funding efforts to reduce habitat, predation and disease loss than LEH.

Eliminating GOS and replacing it with LEH by design reduces opportunity to have a chance to take a sheep.

Of course nothing you said in any way answers the questions I asked.... just deflection, cause that is all you got in this discussion.
    Well considering probable most of the states sheep are on some type of draw(LEH) and much of there other wildlife as well I would disagree with you.
    And also maybe looking at the number of LEH applicants for sheep here in B.C vs number of sheep tags sold.
    Last edited by LBM; 10-26-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    If the horn curl reg is generous, it may actually improve the chances of a legal ram for those that get the permit
    So hinges on the number of permits of course.
    Yes this is true, again thinking of region 4 for example if you took mu 4-25 and gave out 4 any ram leh tags.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Part of region 3 GOS season for sheep going to LEH next year because the biologist think there are not enough mature rams.
    Thats interesting. I wonder how they know since there were no counts done this year...I saw probably close to 10 3/4 curl rams this year in the few days I spent in region 3. The GOS doesn't kill a lot of animals bc they broom off before they reach mature or full curl with the exception of a few 6 ear olds with lamb tips that would get broomed the next year. This doesn't sound like fact or science based anything but merely rumour. The LEH would probably allow for more sheep to be harvested bc its going to be 3/4 curl, but would reduce the opportunity for someone to get lucky and find a needle in a hay stack.

There are changes coming for region 4, the WSSBC has issued a statement recently. Lets not start rumours unless you got something to back it up.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    ... Lets not start rumours unless you got something to back it up.
    Unless your handle is browningboi, and you're referring to elk...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin;[URL="tel:2292881"
    2292881[/URL]]Unless your handle is browningboy and you're referring to elk... he’s fuqquin awesome and good looking, wish I was like him.

Nog
    Another quote from our local CBC helmet boy.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

What science are you alluding to?

Will going to LEH reduce habitat loss, or predation loss or disease loss?

Once again, the only science based approach being followed for sheep management is to further reduce hunting....
    Right on man!!!
    i like freedom so i like guns which are better at protecting me than vaccines...

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Yes this is true, again thinking of region 4 for example if you took mu 4-25 and gave out 4 any ram leh tags.
    That would increase the chance’s of younger, healthier prime breeding age rams being harvested rather than past prime rams getting harvested. Say No to LEH sheep hunting. If poaching is an issue during GOS it will be during an LEH opening also.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Quite safe to say that the GOS has little to no effect on the bighorn population with the majority of ewes being bred. I see lots of lambs in the spring with the ewes but come fall seems most have been taken out by predators. Why not increase the Cougar season from Sept 1st - Nov 30 on top of the winter season. There’s no doubt they are the major contributor to the lambs demise.
    Or the lambs succumb to Movi. There is a high prevalence of Movi in many herds and the south Ok/Boundary has an issue with mites and now blue tongue! Can't assume it's only predators.
    Last edited by Ltbullken; 10-28-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!