Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gloves for late fall fishing

Gloves for late fall fishing

Do you guys wear a neoprene glove or something later in the season? Got a bit cold when our hands were soaking wet and it was around 0 and windy last weekend. As it gets colder, still want to be able to keep fishing, as tying and casting get a lot tougher when the hands don't cooperate in the cold.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gloves for late fall fishing

I’ve used fingerless wool and fleece gloves for years and find the wool best when your hands get wet. My hands don’t take the wet cold that well anymore and might try putting a hand warmer pack on the backs of my hands under the glove to see if that helps. Whether it’s my centerpin or fly fishing, fingered gloves just don’t work for me.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

ya fingerless flip top wool/fleece things... all winter long.
    another thing is make sure your waders have hand warming pockets!

If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Thanks I'll pick up some fingerless gloves and try them out

Kast gloves are very good, better than seal skinz gloves imo, a lot more feel....was going to share a link but seems they are relaunching their website, but can still find them in stock at retailers

between these gloves and a backup set of cheap wool gloves from surplus herbies, my hands are good for winter river fishing
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    Kast gloves are very good, better than seal skinz gloves imo, a lot more feel....was going to share a link but seems they are relaunching their website, but can still find them in stock at retailers

between these gloves and a backup set of cheap wool gloves from surplus herbies, my hands are good for winter river fishing
    Pinks are open on the tidal Fraser below the Mission bridge aren't they?

No gloves. Use high absorbent towel. Hands in southern bc only get cold when wet. Rarely does it go bellow 5c° That's what works best for me. And if they do get cold, I just put them in my pockets for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by N¡ck View Post
    No gloves. Use high absorbent towel. Hands in southern bc only get cold when wet. Rarely does it go bellow 5c° That's what works best for me. And if they do get cold, I just put them in my pockets for a bit.
    Ahh good call, yeah it's been colder than that here, but the hands don't get cold until they got soaked.....

hahahah...that reminded me of when I was a boy scout....our polite way of excusing ourself from sitting around a winter campfire to go pee was …"I need to go warm my hands"...heheheh
    Last edited by wideopenthrottle; 10-29-2021 at 06:54 AM.