Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 5 deer trip

Region 5 deer trip

I think I have figured out how to post pictures on here so I thought I would show some. We didn't end up with any moose LEH tags this year. But we have a comfortable spot to hunt out of so we went knowing that we would only be able to harvest deer. Last year was the same with no moose tags drawn. The first day out I came across what I thought was a small doe that wasn't spooked by my presence. It was only after a few minutes of watching though the binos that I saw he had a small spike on one side.

This guy was content with feeding and didn't seem to be concerned with me. I'm not picky in my deer harvesting but I didn't want to shoot this one. I then ended up missing on a nice buck the next day.

here is a photo of a lucky bull:

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 5 deer trip

We had a good trip, but for the first time in many years came home empty.
    I'm not a bear guy either but ran across a number of them there this year.

Great pics!!!
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

We passed on a few spikes, ended up shooting a 2PT on day 10, which was the biggest buck we saw.
    So many moose though. Easily 3x what we've seen in previous years. 5-02.

Congrats on the 2 pt, good on ya for not shooting the spikes, and good to hear about the moose..

Congratulations on the buck ! Yummy eats.

Last year we were at the same place. The group had a better year overall in getting deer. My partner and I hadn’t filled our tags yet. So we decided we’d pack up that afternoon and spend the evening in a good spot that’s a little ways from where we were camped. If we struck out then we’d have some time the next day looking around some new ground further south on our way home. ( always fun to look at and explore new spots ) But as it turns out we got a double header at about 6:30 that night. Now it was straight for the ferry.

Sounds like a great trip.

Love the cinnamon bears!!!!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to get up to Ruth lake next fall where I have a cabin. Looking forward to hunting around that area.
    Good to hear about the moose numbers. Congrats on the bucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    We passed on a few spikes, ended up shooting a 2PT on day 10, which was the biggest buck we saw.
    So many moose though. Easily 3x what we've seen in previous years. 5-02.
    This is good to hear. We've had a family cabin in 502 since the 70s, it's nice to hear they are coming back . We actually we're lucky enough to get a moose draw for this year so fingers crossed