Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tetsa Outfiiter Recap

Re: Tetsa Outfiiter Recap

Congrats. great story and awesome pics.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Awesome story, great bull and congrats to you and your dad for your successful bucket list trip!!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

That is awesome, thanks for sharing your story and very nice photos. A beautiful and well earned Mt. Moose.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

So a question, just my wife is getting into hunting, thought of booking a hunt for two elk next year? Would this be the place to introduce her to hunting or just do it at my cabin?
    Might even invite another couple but how do you get a hold of these guys and would you recommend them?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

[QUOTE=dakoda62;2289913]Parked. lol Doug doesn't condone cowboy antics lol[/QU

Hmm, not sure what cowboy antics are,,just thinking like a guided horseback hunt, you can get farther in and cover more ground while hunting

Awesome Moose - Great Adventure - Congrats - RJ

I would be interested to know how much a hunt like this cost.
    Just the hunt with Tetsa, not any other expenses that normally added to any hunt.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

For the most part the horses are parked at the cabin unless Doug and Beth help saddle and lead the way for animal retrieval or leaving camp. As for someone just getting into hunting and doing this trip that I would be hesitant to recommend it for brand new hunters since then they wouldn't appreciate it as much and it is by no means a gimme hunt. We hiked 120 km in roughly 8 days . For easier introductions to hunting I would stay local and maybe do a shorter quicker trip where you don't have to plan as much. The best way to contact them for prices would be to contact Beth through Tetsa River Outfitters facebook, the prices change by the year and usually fill up fast depending on what you want. I booked my hunt 2 years in advance. I would definitely recommend Doug and Beth with Tetsa River but at the end of they day you have to be realistic with what you are going their for. They are a packer who will bring you into good areas and provide good advice, they won't guide you or hold your hand until you find success. The sweat equity and success is all based on your own effort and you are by no means guaranteed to fill the freezer.

great post for a great hunt, attago
    looks like the timing was perfect, with no leaves and a fresh dusting of snow, it doesn't get better

Was elk really an option at that time or had they moved elsewhere?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Elk apparently were in there in August but had moved on I had a cow leh draw just in case because you never know but we were primarily going for moose. I imagine if you were targeting elk you would want to be at their higher camp and go earlier in the year.