Thread: Tetsa Outfiiter Recap

Threaded View

Tetsa Outfiiter Recap

My father and I recently returned from a DIY horse packer trip with Tetsa River Outfitters, it was a bucket list item for both of us and what at trip! Our dates with Beth and Doug were from Sep 29-Oct 8 so leaning into the peak rut, we were primarily targeting moose but also had elk tags and I decided to waste my island elk status for 3 years by pulling a cow elk LEH for the area. We departed the Island on the 26th staying over at my brother's place in Vancouver to break up the drive, in two days we made it to PG and Fort Nelson respectively where we stayed for a couple days as I had to have connectivity for work before very happily unplugging from any internet or cell phone availability for 10 days. We arrived at Tetsa in the afternoon on the 28th and got squared away at their Cabin before enjoying a lovely meal with their family. On the morning of the 29th Doug had all our gear weighed and sorted into the horse paniers and ready for the ride out. Doug, Beth, my father and myself departed mid morning with 4 horses and 2 mules in tow to the "Moose Camp" cabins where we would be residing for the next 9 days. (to be continued)

ps I find the photo app for this website frustrating and a waste of time to upload photos does this work for people or am I going to have to rely on the generosity of others to post photos from the trip as I continue the story?

photo one getting ready with the 4 legged ATV's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunt 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	1428 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	8506  

2. Site Sponsor