Get it out the way first , delicious tag soup.

Father in law , his buddy and myself went up to 7-28 by skunk lake / nations river area
first Time for me up in this region and my god is it vast and beautiful! Furthest north was fort Nelson on the techodi river. Anyways, beautiful country. First three days was sunny and warm out. Didn’t see a moose and zero sign anywhere. Third night decided to snow all night and woke up to about 8 inches of snow on the ground. Got out early in the tracker and hit the road. Went high and deep and found one section of road covered in different moose tracks and at the end was maybe 20ft X 20ft section of flat ground, moose hair everywhere and snow just trampled. So to me must of been two bull moose there fighting. Called all day in the same area for two days and nothing, no new sign on the road either. So I thought they might of just been moving and went further down into the valley, whatever. That was about the most “excitement” for the trip. Couple days the snow was gone and in that time no new tracks.
so again, this is my first ever actual moose hunt. Learnt a lot ( I hope) explored new country and ate and drank good at night. Home made wall tent with a wood stove worked extremely well.
in total saw 6 moose, two cows on the road, 2 ass ends of moose walking into the bush, and one cow moose far in a cut block and ONE actual small bull moose about 800yards away that I had no chance in making that happen. Once I saw him, been sitting for 4 hrs I called every 15 mins for the day and he didn’t show, couldn’t see him anywhere and that was in the last full days hunt before heading home.

twice over the trip we left early to get to a spot and came around the bend to two seperate bull moose on the road with the hunters putting their rifles away in the truck. Just the luck of the draw I suppose.

recap
huge vast country. Seems to me that you have most success just covering ground and road hunting up there unless your more experienced and know what your doing. Was tons of fun, and I’d go back in a heartbeat. Father in law and buddy are still up there for another week so fingers crossed.