Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intruiging encounter lastnight

Re: Intruiging encounter lastnight

Quote Originally Posted by Whipper Billy View Post
    Half Moon - Could be a late season golfer whacking away in the rough?

Kid with a cap gun?

Not Grizz as I'm told their numbers are so far down they can't be found.

Not Bigfoot as they always screech at me and throw rocks.

So most likely the guys that do crop circles.
    Yes - aliens - looking for catalytic converters and heated recliner bucket seats.
    Their vessels are what we refer to as the Draconid meteor shower.
    Now that their light show is over (Oct. 9) some are working with Dave Paulides to add chapters to his Missing 411 series while the others create the aurora borealis northen lights (Oct.12).

I guess we'll find out in the morning if "RadHimself" fit their profile and has been taken and subjected to disco music for eternity.
    Jelvis?????
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Sounds like something was in a tree by your tent, maybe a bird or bear? I would have hopped out the tent with the 12GA just to check on things.

my guess is porcupine, i've scared them off middle of night and they are back 20 mins later, an entire family of them, repeat this cycle several times.....and then in the morning my E locker doesn't work and have a small coolant leak lol
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Flathead early elk hunt. Noise outside the zippered door flaps of our wall tent. Rolled onto the floor, rifle close by, gently lifted the bottom of the still zippered door and was nose to nose with Mr. Porcupine . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RadHimself View Post

scared the hell outta me lol

WHAT A RUSH!!!

thoughts?
    Lucky you survived!! I would have just barged out with the peacemaker to see what was going on. Have done so quite a few times in ginch, unlaced boots, headlamp with rifle ready to do battle. Can’t stand lying there in suspense and rather be on the offensive if stuffs gonna go sideways.

Funny story…..first date with my now wife was camping and tenting it.…and one of the rare times I didn’t have a firearm with. We had pulled in pretty late in the dark at a lake in the boonies, pitched tent and heated up some pre-cooked elk ribs on a fire. Tasty and off to sleep it is. Middle of night I get poked and she whispers hey something is out there….half groggy I figure yaya just mice. Sure enuf I hear huffing and snuffling noises right close by. Darn it says I…yup def something out there rummaging around and sounding very bear like. Now she is clinging to me like last weeks underwear saying what now??

So this is one of those times that defines you. You can wither and lose the girl or man-up and go out and go get chewed but still look like a hero. Well hero it was gonna be then….so ginch and boots it is and armed with one of those 2ft maglites that were all the rage back in the day. Time to get it on!! Blew outta that tent to do battle and sure enuf theres a great big black bear…..no wait a second….it was a great big black dog….a newfie to be exact…big bastid to. Looked just like a black bear in the flashlight beam until he came over and started slobbering all over me. LoL….relief….way better than battling a bear with that maglight. Girly was so impressed she became my wife. Yup…defining moments
    Last edited by northof49; 10-15-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Should have set up a trail cam.

3 years ago, up on the Muskwa. Get up in the dark, have something to eat and start climbing up the mountainside. My partner is up higher and I’m bringing up the rear. Pause to catch my breath part way up and I hear heavy breathing, and it’s right behind me, almost on my heels. Uhoh, better deal with this, so I turn around slowly and it’s one of the dogs, got away from camp and came up after us.

Had an encounter with a Lynx last week, it swam across the pine river came on shore about 50 yards from me...it walks into 25 yards I stand to let it know I'm there. It squats down, I try to scare it away and it take a few steps towards me. I threw a hunk on wood at it and it slowly passes me to the side to get down wind.

About an hour later I give a Elk Bugle and the Lynx jumps up on a log about 15 yards down wind of me, we stare at each other for about 2 minutes and it jumps back off the log and disappears into the bush on the small Island.

All the time the wife is saying kill it, kill it, she's thinking it's going to eat her...lol

Strangest reaction I've ever got from a wild cat to date...after thinking this over the only thing that would make sense is someone has been feeding this animal and it was hoping for a free meal.

All's well that ends well
    Last edited by hawk-i; 10-16-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Porcupines snap their jaws?
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    Lucky you survived!! I would have just barged out with the peacemaker to see what was going on. Have done so quite a few times in ginch, unlaced boots, headlamp with rifle ready to do battle. Can’t stand lying there in suspense and rather be on the offensive if stuffs gonna go sideways.

Funny story…..first date with my now wife was camping and tenting it.…and one of the rare times I didn’t have a firearm with. We had pulled in pretty late in the dark at a lake in the boonies, pitched tent and heated up some pre-cooked elk ribs on a fire. Tasty and off to sleep it is. Middle of night I get poked and she whispers hey something is out there….half groggy I figure yaya just mice. Sure enuf I hear huffing and snuffling noises right close by. Darn it says I…yup def something out there rummaging around and sounding very bear like. Now she is clinging to me like last weeks underwear saying what now??

So this is one of those times that defines you. You can wither and lose the girl or man-up and go out and go get chewed but still look like a hero. Well hero it was gonna be then….so ginch and boots it is and armed with one of those 2ft maglites that were all the rage back in the day. Time to get it on!! Blew outta that tent to do battle and sure enuf theres a great big black bear…..no wait a second….it was a great big black dog….a newfie to be exact…big bastid to. Looked just like a black bear in the flashlight beam until he came over and started slobbering all over me. LoL….relief….way better than battling a bear with that maglight. Girly was so impressed she became my wife. Yup…defining moments
    Haha the hero with a maglight, I got one of those.
    Once on a solo hunt up in the Yalakom, sleeping in a dinky tent with a drizzle and the tent leaking.
    Middle of the night some rustling and something walking around sniffing.
    I got the rifle next to me ready for action, but after a few minutes it went away.
    Pretty sure it was a bear.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕