Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Elk Hunt Success

Family Elk Hunt Success

This year was a little different for our Oct Family Elk Hunt as my Uncle Don "WeatherbyFan" couldn't make it, my brother Jesse and cousin Brad couldn't go as well,
    so it was just Mom,Dad and myself.....at least we knew we would be eating good with mom along cooking !

We didn't see a lot of Elk but when we seen this guy on Oct 8th we new he was a good one, but he was at almost 7000 feet so it was a crazy hike to get into position for a shot, nevermind the pack out with only me and the old man.....!

We got into 650 yards from him and one shot from my Guntech/GEF built 300 RUM and it was all over, the 180gr Accubond performed flawlessly, through an through, he walked a few yards and tipped over and tumbled about 50 yards down hill.....yikes that looks steep !

Well Dad and I had our work cut out for us, three gruelling trips up and down we had all the meat and the rack out, Dads 60 years old but you would never know it ! Uncle Don calls him the GOAT !

This Elk was really special sharing it with Mom & Dad, Moms first Elk hunt so she's the new good luck charm, now if we can con her into going Mule Deer Hunting this year we will be in good shape !

Me with the Elk

Dad with a cpl views of the rack, Thanks Dad/Mom I couldn't have done it without you.......

Last edited by 300 RUM; 10-14-2021 at 09:27 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Family Elk Hunt Success

Wow gotta love the thickness of his bases, well done and congrats...we're they calling much?

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Congrats on a dandy Bull Dylan, glad your Mom&Dad were there to share in your success, sorry I couldn't make it buddy....dam work gets in the way of all the fun stuff !

Thanks for sharing your pictures and story
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 10-14-2021 at 09:13 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Awesome!!
    Great memories.
    Congrats

Crazy mass on the main beams. Well done!! Congrats!

Wowzer ! That’s a magnificent animal ! Congratulations ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Congratulations you guys fantastic job. I can’t even imagine how satisfying that must have been to get the last load off the hill. Well done!!!

Sounds like a great trip, awesome that your Dad was able to connect on a sweet bull..congrats
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

Fantastic!

Love the family hunts.

Your mom and dad must be thrilled. Your dad looks like he can carry his share of an elk.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments couldn’t ask for a better bull and a memory that will hold a special place in my heart I loved this trip as I love every trip being out there is the best part this was just a bonus can’t wait to get out there and do it again. Uncle Don u better come next year mom says she’s quitting cooking and taking to full time guiding lol shoot straight everyone and stay safe cheers.