Had a successful hunt in the 8-6 region.

We were creeping into our evening spot around 530pm when a beautiful buck walked out about 60 yards in front of us. My friend took a very well placed shot and put him down quickly.

We decided to let him cool off in the snow and take the last 30 minutes to glass the surrounding area.

At approx 615pm my friend thought he heard some grunting.. sure enough a bear approx 150 yards away in some thick bush began smashing branches (very aggressively) and roaring several times at us. This continued for about 2-3 minutes while the bear was audibly getting more agitated with us.

I wasn't sure if the bear was potentially on its own deer as we saw 2 doe in that area.. or if he was aware of our deer about halfway between us.

We decided to drag the buck out of the bush half a mile to the truck and do the gutting there.

I've never experienced such aggressive behaviour from a black bear.. especially when we were so far apart. Have there been many reports of grizz in this area? Have you guys experienced a Blackie acting like this?